Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Front Living

Options
  • 24-07-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a seafront dwelling with PVC-covered windows. This prevents rust, but not to the locking mechanism. Is there a window brand with a rust-proof locking mechanism, anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭mountain

Hi Dave,

i have had the same problem, only solution i found is to cover them is plenty of grease.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭skingtile

use vaseline, as good less messy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Vaseline or baby oil. The only thing is the baby oil needs recoating once a month but is not as messy as vas

Which ever one you use this sounds daft but pull up the blind open the window

Dont close the window and then pull down the blind or you get grease prints on the blinds very quickly looking very dirty very quickly and this is another problem :D

Close the window clean your hands then pull down the blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

that would be a dream house for me.

one of these days.

Advertisement