Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a VW Golf VI

• 24-07-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

hey all.im thinking of changing my car.Im thinking of buying a 01 VW Golf 1.9TDi,its a 90BHP version.im fairly familiar with the Golfs and think their a good car.It comes with service history and only has 99,000miles.what i want to know is how could a car of this age have such small mileage,Im buying it up the North and fear it may be clocked.also does any1 know waht the 90bhp versions are like,Good Or Bad..any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

underpowered is my first though.

Check service history and MOT for mileage figures and see if they tot up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get a HPI check done prior to purchasing it.

Also 90bhp is pretty underwhelming, I'd be trying for a 110bhp or a later PD 130bhp instead given that there are plenty to choose from.

And the 98 to 04 Golf is the MkIV not the MkVI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Also 90bhp is pretty underwhelming, I'd be trying for a 110bhp or a later PD 130bhp instead given that there are plenty to choose from.

I wouldn't go along with this, the 90bhp isn't too bad. sure you're right the 110 and 130 will obviously be faster, but don't turn down a good car based on that statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wouldn't go along with this, the 90bhp isn't too bad. sure you're right the 110 and 130 will obviously be faster, but don't turn down a good car based on that statement.
    I'd have to agree, especially since the Mk4 is a cruiser at heart.

Advertisement