Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico - Speed Issue

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lol_leo

Ping seems ok again today for now. Router was not switched off since but it seems to have improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blackdagger

Been getting exact same problems with Perlico. While theres not much we can do except complain to them there are few user end stuff you can do that might help.

1. Load up the Command Box on your pc. type the following: ipconfig /flushdns

2. Reboot the Router, either from the router page or manually from the back of it.

3. Reset the router. Resetting the router requires you to input all the information again. For those who need or interested:

Usernmae: perlico@perlico.com
    password: broadband
    Type: routing
    Wan Connection type: PPPoE
    Encapsulation: LLC
    VPI/VCI: 8/35

Usually you do not need to enter the last 2/3 on some routers. But are there for reference just in case.

Hope some of this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Switched everything off, went away for a few hours and all seems to be ok now. :)

No, its same crap again. Ping is 500ms on speedtest.net. Only noticed when I went to join an online server (for low pings only!). What can I do to improve ping rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

mine seems o.k.

doesn't seem as bad as the weekend...........

• Advertisement

Mine appers the exact same crap thats been happening past week. Tried to download new nVidia driver aprrox 95 mb. Taking nearly 30mins to download. Speed dropped to under 1KB/s twice.

They need to either fix it by end of the week or there will be alot of annoyed customers ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

lost internet connection totall this morning......

back again now.....

not sure what's going on.....

hopefully they were fixing something....

wouldn't bet on it though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What exchange are you on?

Are you downloading this driver right now?

What modem/router are you using?

I went to download it and I got about 80kB for the 2 minutes I tried.

palmerstown exchange. 3com wireless router to my pc via signal. Yeah I was downlaoding it right then. It keep dropping speeds to 50, 70 etc and twice below 1kb/s.

need to start an unhappy customer petition and send it to these muppets...or are we the muppetts for putting up with it!?

• Advertisement

Well it was either the devil you know or the devil you dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

So far I have been working happily, just tried ebay and its fine.

D/L speed 0.94 mb/s on 3 mb connection
    Ping 840 ms

What is going on?

Advertisement