Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scan

• 24-07-2009 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,

My girlfriend is approx 6 months pregnant and hasnt got her scan...she was worried about people finding out. However when booking in for a scan the date they gave her is practically when she is due, even thought she told them how far she was..i am really worried and not sure what to do. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

She could go for one privately but if you can't afford it I would get on to your maternity hospitals fetal assessment department and explain how concerned you both are. Maybe they can put you down for cancellations or as an emergency case. Is this your first child? If it is then I would be on to the hospital straight away. Also your GP may be able to help push it forward.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

She should call up the number and explain to them. She needs to be seen ASAP. She has to put her own health and that of the baby above the fear of people finding out. They're all going to find out pretty soon anyway.

Even if she went to a GP (not necessarily her family one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

it is her second baby. the first baby the two of them nearlly died due to a heart problem that is why i am worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 kellyj7

this is her second pregnancy. she and the baby nearlly died the first time due to a heart problem. that is why i am worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Well then she really should be seen asap. Get onto your GP and hospital straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Get on to this right away,even if you have to ring about it.Scans are to make sure everything is going well, and to check the dates.....i thought i was 3 months and when i had a scan i was gone 5 months,,,,good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Why does having a scan mean people would find out? She should have seen a doctor as soon as she found out she was pregnant and lot left it so late.

She needs to speak to your GP and convince the doctor to help you get an appointment sooner rather than later. You could go private - http://www.ultrasound.ie/maternity.html do scans for under €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Jeez OP, bring her there yourself!!!
    No need to be brutal , but tell her you won't take no for an answer.
    Take no chances.

Advertisement