Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now they're stealing the ATM's

• 24-07-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

So this is the latest approach for a quick buck, find a digger and steal the feckin thing, It's back to basics really and catching on quick with similar incidents in Kildare and Kilkenny

take note Roma kids, thats how you do it!! A lesson from the home fans
    Digger used to steal ATM in Enniscorthy

Gardaí in Co Wexford are investigating the theft of an ATM in Enniscorthy in the early hours of this morning.

The bank machine at the Mace Maxol Petrol Station on Bellefield Road was pulled from the wall by a digger which was being used for renovation work at the station in the last few days.

The raiders are believed to have escaped with a substantial amount of cash as the machine was refilled yesterday.

The robbery was almost identical to two ATM thefts in Co Kildare and Co Kilkenny last month.
    Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/digger-used-to-steal-atm-in-enniscorthy-419894.html#ixzz0MAv0hcAS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

hehehehahaho

MATE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

They did it twice in Meath. I think it was last month or maybe May. No need for card skimmimg tactics there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah sure they've been at that craic for ages.

At least they didn't call it an ATM Machine.

That really annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Eh, this has been happening for years and is far, far from a recent tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ah sure they've been at that craic for ages.

That really annoys me.

Or when someone says pin number!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Thats been going on around the country for years. I actually met a JCB on the road travelling to rob an atm one night a few years ago in Galway. They nicked it out of a building site and straight to the bank. Not the most subtle form of bank robbery I must say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Next they'll be robbing banks at this rate.

Yekno,

Stealing a bank and running off with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

My grandfather always hated a job half-done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

That really annoys me.
    Insurgent wrote: »
    Or when someone says pin number!

What annoys me is pedantic people pointing out irrelevant mistakes.

Especially when nobody's even made the mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

was done in monaghan using a JCB too,at the weekend!..lol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

*witty remark that gains lots of thanks*

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

This used to happen a lot up north during the early 90s.

I rmember story (may be an urban legend) where an ATM was stolen using a digger. The police noticed some of the usual suspects had gone to ground and kept a lookout for them. They got a tip-off that they were holed up in a farm so went to get them. When they arrived the found 4 men dyed red, counting lots of cash dyed red, in a farm house that had been dyed red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hehehehehehehehehehehheheahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhohohohohohohohhohoho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

whatever about stealing teller machines.. I just cant stand RAS syndrome in the media.

mawk wrote: »
    whatever about stealing teller machines.. I just cant stand RAS syndrome in the media.

I just didn't know what it was called. :(

gobo99 wrote: »
    What annoys me is pedantic people pointing out irrelevant mistakes.

Especially when nobody's even made the mistake.

Or you know what's even more annoying than that? People irrelevantly pointing out things that annoy them about somebody pointing out something that annoyed them that had got something to do with the article being discussed even though nobody had made the mistake but they didn't claim anyone had made the mistake and were merely pointing it out as a humourous aside and then that person getting thanks for making the irrelevant point and thus making it relevant so the original pedant's point about how irrelevant it was to point that out is now redundant.

It just gets my goat so it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Or you know what's even more annoying than that? People irrelevantly pointing out things that annoy them about somebody pointing out something that annoyed them that had got something to do with the article being discussed even though nobody had made the mistake but they didn't claim anyone had made the mistake and were merely pointing it out as a humourous aside and then that person getting thanks for making the irrelevant point and thus making it relevant so the original pedant's point about how irrelevant it was to point that out is now redundant.

It just gets my goat so it does.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

dunno why they don't put a device in the ATM that instantly soaks the cash in indellable ink when the machine is impacted, or tipped over a certain angle, end of problem :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

see in this thread http://ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055630850
    somebody called rte.ie for calling the digger a jcb when it was obviously a daewoo,
    so the question is which is better for stealing atms a jcb or a daewoo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

They stole it with a digger?

Are we sure that's not a spelling mistake or someone with a cold reporting it?

Advertisement