Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it like to be Shot?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Firekitten wrote: »
    Puding: In rugby, people are tackled for the ball...

Now would tackling be allowed if a man was lined up for a fowl, and the entire oposing team just tackled him to the floor to hurt him? no

Fair Point and Ill just my 2 cents in.. If the guy in question wanted to be shot like that then why didnt he just open up on himself for the fun of it???? Masochist in the making maybe?? Or like they say just a birthday present?? Jeepers its my birthday today and I played yesterday nobody did anything like that to me(mind Im sure they wanted to) :):):):):)

Still reckon its pretty wrong to do that **** to people who cheat or whatever and it certainly shouldnt be used as an advert for our sport!!!
    S..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

doesnt make it legal....

Playing airsoft is different, the getting shot is a byproduct of the game. HOWEVER lining him up and shooting him is willful asault in the eyes of the law... its not in game, and he cant consent... as discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

bullets wrote: »
    I got to take a step back sometimes with this Airsoft section of the boards and just chuckle.

Airsoft is a game where poeple are running about Shooting each other on Purpose.

I'm not for or against these so called Fireing Squads.
    But there sure are some real contradictions on this board.

In one hand, you have people keep going on about how
    Airsoft is a lovely safe sport, where the BB's are not even
    capable of penetrating the skin and causing harm, Quote all the tests made about eyes etc etc, Harmless, safer that football or tennis, only about the same energy as a tennis ball being dropped etc etc etc. It does not hurt much, you might feel a flick, like a flick on your ear....
    Half the time you wont even feel the BB if it hits off clothing etc etc.

Then we have the other Hand....shock Horror
    People should never ever be put in front of a fireing squad.
    Too many variables, guy was obviously in pain, anything could have happened, a stray bb could go under his mask,
    he could have been seriously hurt, it should never be allowd, Its not the right image to portray (like pretending to shoot people is any better) all his/her teeth could have been chipped or shot out of his head, when the bb's went under his mask and into his un-gum-shielded mouth, he could swallow his chipped teeth and choke to death.

Its either safe or its not. If your running about the forrest
    or inside in a building against another team thats purpose
    is to shoot/tag you, it should be safe no matter how many people are shooting you, and whatever range they are shooting you from.

Dunno how peeps can just decide that its OK in one instance but not OK in another instance to be shot with
    an airsoft gun or by multible airsoft guns.

~B

Simple answer. Multiple strikes in quick succession without allowing time for an elastic reaction on the struck surface will result in damage to that surface by essentially stressing it to its breaking point.

Under normal skirmish conditions this is all but impossible. In a firing squad the delivery of energy is concentrated as above which can result in damage.

This is in addition to Dex's earlier explanation of why its stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

For all of those who still haven't gotten it through their heads about the concept of consent and the lack thereof in legal recognition in Ireland, consider the following:

You get hit from five foot in-game with a short burst of 2/3 rounds. Ouch. Sh*it happens. But it happens in-game and once the shooter isn't either being blithely negligent or malicious, it's just one of those unfortunate situations that happen occasionally.

By contrast; a firing squad is the willful inflicting of pain and nothing else. There is no pretence of playing the game. And in the eyes of the law, there. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. Consenting. To. It. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Seriously how many times can this be trashed about we get it Firing squad is bad ok how has this anything to do with the topic of this thread the op didnt ask does a firing squad hurt, i have been on and off here all day and i have to say in all my time on boards i have never seen so many threads spiral out of control. how many of us have done something stupid with an airsoft device and then posted it on youtube, firing a rocket launcher at a mate a firing squad from 2 yrs ago a firing squad from a week ago or some nut semi naked getting 5 of his mates to open up on him from 5 ft away, move on lads Bren said it will not happen again at his site and that should be enough. but i think the op's question has been answered

• Advertisement

Stone.cold wrote: »
    how many of us have done something stupid with an airsoft device and then posted it on youtube,

Must just be you mate... I certainly haven't.

As for the topic... It will be left alone when the idiots debating fact get the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I thought this was a thread about actually getting shot lol. I was surprised on how many replys there were.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Must just be you mate... I certainly haven't.

As for the topic... It will be left alone when the idiots debating fact get the point.
    when i said how many of us i wasnt directing any one individual, and calling people idiots serves no purpose only to further the argument and if someone wants to debate the fact then start a thread about it Mate

See that one we can answer....

'You die.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

karlog wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread about actually getting shot lol. I was surprised on how many replys there were.:pac:

It was, but then Firekitten, NakedDex, myself and a few others dragged it well of topic and made it silly, but now its serious again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It was, but then Firekitten, NakedDex, myself and a few others dragged it well of topic and made it silly, but now its serious again....

I'm so surprised Rew hasnt paid a visit yet....

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hey dont drag me into this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Puding: In rugby, people are tackled for the ball...

Now would tackling be allowed if a man was lined up for a fowl, and the entire oposing team just tackled him to the floor to hurt him? no

im rather confused, i had not even read this thread let alone posted in it untill know......

my bad, it was bullets... confused from another thread, apologies...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hey dont drag me into this...

Why? Coss its meann?
    I'm not your bitch anymoree xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

hehe np :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I'm so surprised Rew hasnt paid a visit yet....

You make me sound like the big bad wolf... looks like the thread has long run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement