Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Self-Inflicted Injuries

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well once it was snowing heavily and when it stopped a huge ice patch developed, people were sliding on the ice and one girl goes 'Watch this', slides on the ice and breaks both her legs.

As for me, I once ran into a door which was open, ended up with a black eye :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I really, really feel sorry for A&E doctors now.They should rename it The Stupidity Ward.

(And yes, I've been there too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

As a child I once leaned out of the bath to try and get a towel off a towel rack. The whole bastard thing collapsed when I put my weight on it and I ended up on the floor all wet with a shattered wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

During woodwork in secondary school, decided to blow a pile of sawdust off the masterpiece i was working on. However, I managed to blow from directly over it, and the cloud of sawdust went directly into both my eyes. A few hours of using the school eyewash had no effect on it, which meant a trip to A+E to get them washed out, and I had to wear an eyepatch for a few days. Only one for some reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

During woodwork in secondary school, decided to blow a pile of sawdust off the masterpiece i was working on. However, I managed to blow from directly over it, and the cloud of sawdust went directly into both my eyes. A few hours of using the school eyewash had no effect on it, which meant a trip to A+E to get them washed out, and I had to wear an eyepatch for a few days. Only one for some reason though.

Reminds me of the time my trousers nearly caught fire in woodwork, bloody teacher was using the top of a space heater as a desk to demonstrate something. Got too close, started to smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I stood on a cats tail while it was eating, little h00re turned around and dug its teeth straight into my leg, I still have bite marks and that was about six years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

2 weeks ago on holidays, I was trying to demonstrate my brilliant (or not so brilliant) gymnastic abilities in the swimming pool by performing a backflip in the shallow end. Needless to say, in mid air I lost my balance and fell on my nose, breaking it. Have to have surgery now to fix it and missed out on a major holiday with my friends as I had to go to the hospital!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Have a mate working in A and E whos always got a few stories from there. Apart from the usual scangers with hatchets sticking out their backs,one woman decided to give her genitals a bit of a spring clean with domestos bleach (ouch), also an elderly gentleman came in with a toilet brush stuck right up his bum(of course he 'fell' onto it):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Scalded the face off myself with a 230 degree heat hair curler, kind of across my cheekbone just before a night out. After a few hours, it looked like I'd been punched! The price I pay for vanity.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

this one time, at band camp.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

About 5 years ago when I was 12, I was trying some stupid matrix style jump over a tennis net, I thought I pulled it off, but my hoof caught the net and I fell down on my arm and cracked a bone. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

I'm impaled myself on a railing, was hoping over a it (Locked of course) and caught my ankle in the railing - was hanging upside down being held up by a mate until the Ambulance and fire brigade came. Not my finest moment. Savage scar though

It didn't help that I couldn't wait for the toilet either, one of the ambulance men thought it was hilarious, the other didn't nor did I at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Niall09 wrote: »
    About 5 years ago when I was 12, I was trying some stupid matrix style jump over a tennis net, I thought I pulled it off, but my hoof caught the net and I fell down on my arm and cracked a bone. :cool:

you're a horse/goat/Sheep/cow/pig/deer/devil?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

nothing too serious, but a good few very sore ones...

burned ear with hair straightners

fell and chipped front teeth

fell off a chair - had been standing on it to get a good look in mirror at whether my new trousers were too long even with quite high heels - and broke my toe

fell awkwardly and somehow managed to rip my big toenail so that it was literally hanging on by a thread at one side - but the thread was a stubborn fecker so i ended up having to go to gp to get it removed. not nice waiting for nail to grow back - ended up putting nail varnish dorectly on the skin to make it less conspicuous

fell and hit my head off the edge of a windowsill, requiring 8 stitches

i seem to fall a lot... alcohol was only involved in one of the above falls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Was out one night during the week and was absolutely rubber, next morning my lift to college was waiting outside at 7am and I had no dry socks at all. Ran out the back garden to retrieve some socks from the dryer in the shed and wacked my foot off the shed and broke a toe. Still went into college ended up having to walk from Bolton St to Liberty Hall with my broken toe, it took an hour of sheer agony and I could feel the bone clicking with every step. That was a bad thing to throw onto a hangover!

• Advertisement

Oh and another time I was walking home from a party very drunk with a naggin of vodka in my pocket, I also had my hand in the same pocket when I fell over and the bottle broke in my pocket and sliced the palm of my hand open. Still have the scar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

jiltloop wrote: »
    Oh and another time I was walking home from a party very drunk with a naggin of vodka in my pocket, I also had my hand in the same pocket when I fell over and the bottle broke in my pocket and sliced the palm of my hand open. Still have the scar.

I feel your pain.....such a waste of precious alcohol

terrytrent wrote: »
    I feel your pain.....such a waste of precious alcohol

True but at least the wound didn't get infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

It`s happened many a time to me and it still hurts like feck:
    Getting a tiny bit of bellyflesh stuck in my belt buckle.

Advertisement