Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's Your Bra?

Options
  • 24-07-2009 12:51pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't put off getting a maternity bra any longer, my ladies have started growing now and I have dreaded double-boob. Arg.

So hopefully if I can take it going into Galway after work in search of a maternity bra. Going to try out Anthony Ryan's and maybe Debenhams as I have vouchers.

Is there anything in particular to be looking out for? I doubt I'm done growing tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Try and avoid underwired bra's as they can be damaging to the growing ducts etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Try and avoid underwired bra's as they can be damaging to the growing ducts etc...

Posted from my husbands account!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I actually ended up with 2 sports bras for day and I got a Sloggi for sleeping in. Vast improvement. I'm currently a DD :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

I find M and S maternity bras great, loads of support and comfy. I was used to underwire bras, but really dont miss it with these bras. The only problem is thet are not very exciting, black or white only, but at the moment comfort is my priority!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I nearly cried when I saw how ugly the maternity bras were in Debenhams. They looked like granny bras! Hideous :eek: I managed to get one (got a sexy one too to make myself feel better) but they are awful looking! My boobs are just massive rite now and my bumps seems high so the underwire of my other bras were killing me so I had to get one! Is there anywhere that sells nice maternity bras?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Agent Provocateur but they are expensive - they really feel nice and look sexy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

I got some really lovely dr miriam stoppard bras off ebay ... they have a fantastic choice and really good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

When is it that one is supposed to get a maternity bra?

The thing is...I don't actually wear one normally at all, I'm not flat, but small enough that it never felt necessary:rolleyes:

Boobs getting bigger now, but I'm by no means huge. Should I get a bra anyway? Where the hell do you get one???
    This is awfully embarassing :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You're supposed to get one to support them and keep them in place while they're developing new tissue.

The big department stores all have bra sections and you should get a salesperson to fit you for one. I'm sure there are plenty of women in your current situation, don't be embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You're supposed to get one to support them and keep them in place while they're developing new tissue.

The big department stores all have bra sections and you should get a salesperson to fit you for one. I'm sure there are plenty of women in your current situation, don't be embarrassed.

Thanks for your reply!

What does "the fitting" actually involve though?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I think its best to start wearing one as soon as you notice a size difference (if you dont usually wear one). The support will help if they get tender and sore (which they will :() but also it can help reduce stretch marks. Debenhams do a great selection, not maternity bra's, but regular bras. You may not need a maternity one, I needed one cos my boobs are big anyway and my bump is high so the underwire was diggin into me.

Dunnes also do a good range and you may even get one without any underwire there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A fitting is getting measure under you boob and at the fullest part of your boobs with a measureing tape ( sometimes bare chested or with your bra on ) and then trying on a few bras to see what fits.

Advertisement