Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island hopping in Croatia

Options
  • 24-07-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi thinking of going on an island hopping trip around the Croatian islands in August. Has anyone done this...some questions for anyone that has:

- is it good fun, expensive?
    - would I be better booking a package through a tour operator or just arriving there then jump on a boat (I'm sure there'd be boats with a couple of spots available?).
    - where in Croatia do these trips typically start / finish?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I didnt do island hopping, it was more of an island "hop". We got a boat from Dubrovnik to a small island called Mijet. Lovely island.

A lot of companies in Dubrovnik operate tours of the islands so I'd say you could just jump on a boat.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭milkado

The only island I have been in there is Hvar, great place but mainly if you enjoy the beach and nightlife!! Its not particularly cheap there but cheaper than here, really great weather there. There are daily ferries between Hvar and Split but I don't know how regular ferries to other islands are!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Ferry leaves from Split. Mains stops:

Split -> Hvar -> Korcula -> Dubrovnik

Those are prob the places I'd visit. Hvar and Dubrovnik are really nice

Advertisement