Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap price for removing clippings from garden?

Options
  • 24-07-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Property in Cork had hedges trimmed recently, there's a fair amount of trimmings.
    Got a quote of €500 for removal....didn't go with him
    Does anyone know a company/person who will do it for a decent price?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

if you have access to a car then why not collect them up yourself and bring them to the landfill. There is a garden waste section for such things and the charge is €25 per car load.

You could also bring them to the Rafeen recycling facility, I believe they take garden waste (cuttings, grass etc) also.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

You could also bring them to the Rafeen recycling facility, I believe they take garden waste (cuttings, grass etc) also.

Correct.

If u have no access to transport try a skipo bag. They are €100 and you could put more rubbish in there 2.

If you have access to transport jus do as run_Forrest_run suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I have a van could remove and dispose in lanfill for you for a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

How much did the waste removal licence set you back?

OP be careful if the person who removes waste isn't licensed then you are liable for a fine, but that is prob overstating the situation. Landfill fees have shot up hence the cost of disposing of your cuttings is so high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Landfill fees have shot up hence the cost of disposing of your cuttings is so high.
    €500 for hedge trimmings, that's a load of bs man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How much did the waste removal licence set you back?

OP be careful if the person who removes waste isn't licensed then you are liable for a fine, but that is prob overstating the situation. Landfill fees have shot up hence the cost of disposing of your cuttings is so high.
    How much earn a week how much your mortgage??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

dave1982 wrote: »
    I have a van could remove and dispose in lanfill for you for a price?

2.50 and I'll throw in a battered sausage.

Advertisement