Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

speakers

• 24-07-2009 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

im thinking of getting the logitech x-530 refresh 5.1 speaker system for my 360. anyone have them? or have any opinion on the quality of the speakers or whether or not they are decent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Just a heads up, these look to be analogue speakers. So you will need some sort of optical decoder if you want 5.1 audio. Although you could get something cheap if you are willing to accept 2.0 sound, it seams a pity if you are investing in nice speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Any reccomendations on good speakers then Knasher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614466

you can never go wrong with logitech z series. But basically anything with optical in will do. I have JVC set which I've got from adverts and its perfect. at the beginning the sound of subwoofer was s***e, I think that was the reason why two previous owner sold it so cheap. But it found out there was a loose piece of wood sticked to the inside of speaker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I have a Sony Home Cinema entertainment system hooked up to my 360 and it's absolutely exceptional.

Whenever my mates are over and we play the 360 they never want to leave as it's such a better experience than playing with just the normal TV speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭notso-quiet1

ok i got them, thanks for your advice but i couldnt pass up on the 56 euro offer. got them set up and all and played guitar hero all night. have to say they are pretty impressive for that price. no i dont know all that much about speakers but i do know what sounds good and what doesnt and the quality and sheer volume from these speakers is pretty darn good, the only thing is i couldnt figure out how to set it up with the HDMI cable and so had to resort back to the old componant?(think thats the right name) cables. soo hopefully will figure out how to fix that little road block later. over all the speakers look pretty good too. except that i have wires left righrt and centre but shouldnt take much to tidy that up . and the subwoofer likes to dance around a bit, but thats when its up high and cool and basey hehe. so pretty impressive if your on a budget and well reccommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Where'd you pick them up for 56yoyo? might be worth a looksee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭notso-quiet1

got mine off pixmania, and i was wrong bout price, i was looking at wrong item on reciept, bought a few things, but they are still cheap. pc world and currys also have them cheap minus dilevery charge, i think 60 euro. and 65.72 on laptops direct.

Advertisement