Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Ram

Options
  • 24-07-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all, got an old pc the other day and it only has 256mb of ram in it (which i guess why its slow :p) , i want to add more but need help finding some.

Ive looked on adverts + a few other places like shop4memory, komplett but cant find much. Also i dont know what would be best value performance wise to put in. I would appreciate any help!

Specs of pc are :
    CPU Type : Intel Pentium 4, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
    Motherboard Name : Intel Ashland 2 D845GVAD2 (4 PCI, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
    Motherboard Chipset : Intel Brookdale-G i845GV
    System Memory : 253 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
    DIMM1 : Hynix HYMD232 646A8-H 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
    BIOS Type : AMI (10/01/02)

Win xp (sp2)

edit : pc will be mostly used for browsing,playing videos/music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Uhhhh... Maybe it's time to get a new pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Your probably using Windows XP so you dont really need loads of RAM. Especially if your only using it for light applications like you said you do.

If I were you I'd get a gig of RAM from here. Any of them will do.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

CutzEr wrote: »
    Uhhhh... Maybe it's time to get a new pc..

i have a good pc, this is for the family :p
    kenon wrote: »
    Your probably using Windows XP so you dont really need loads of RAM. Especially if your only using it for light applications like you said you do.

If I were you I'd get a gig of RAM from here. Any of them will do.

Thanks for that link, should they not be PC2100? or will 2700 work :confused:

Advertisement