Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice PLEASE : Buying Nokia N7 *Private sale*

• 24-07-2009 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

As above, just looking for advice on how to distinguish that this is genuine phone, not Chinese copy or Chinese Production crap

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it online, thru ebay etc?

Photos are usually the quickest way to notice. Ask for the imei and get it verified by a network.

Get a picture of the box, most of them are made in finland and it will say it on the outside of the box with the imei number.

Full spec list, sometimes stupid to add stuff when it shouldn't have been. Like the n95 has touch screen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 damo2006

It'll be a face to face meeting,claims he has receipt, once I see it I should no anyways after checking the stuff you said, sticker under battery, imei sticker on box etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

use the *#06# and confirm the imei on the phone.

check the functions, that it will connect to the internet, use the flash camera gps etc.

Thanks Davy ;) much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

IMEI will be 15 digits long and will start with 35422503
    Pressing *#0000# will give you a software version
    Pressing *#06# will give IMEI which should be the same on compliance label and box
    Pressing
    There should be CE mark, a FCC code, NOKIA CORPORATION, RM-505, N97-1, Made in Finland, WLAN code, 7 digit product code and some other codes on the label.
    Charging is by the micro USB
    Nokia mapping in applications
    File manager will show size of memory
    White label on box will show IMEI, frequebcies phone works, product variant, WLAN code, IMEI, etc

etc, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

no nokia n7 exsists. if the ad states n7 then walk away its a fake. plus i was also browsing the sites 2day and saw a 'nokia n7' for sale and it was an obvious fake.....however if u want to persist post a link and ill have a look for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

you meant n79 right?

Just looking at title, it was n97, nazoil ur info was great, I bought it, plastic still on screen, its the real deal, was sceptical as i got it for a very good price ;)

But its brilliant :)

Advertisement