Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny 2 Carrick On Shannon

• 24-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anyone know how long it would take to travel from Letterkenny to Carrick on Shannon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Depending on time of day/traffic I think you be looking at somewhere in the region of 1 hour 30 mins. or a little longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

muffler wrote: »
    Depending on time of day/traffic I think you be looking at somewhere in the region of 1 hour 30 mins. or a little longer

Much longer than that - between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on route, I found th e shortest was via Ballyshannon -> Kinlough, M'hamilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could be right Jimmy. The last time I travelled there was about 5:30 in the morning when I left. It took me a bit under 1.5 hours but when I think of it that was from Ballimafe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

A family member does it every fortnight, 1 and a half to 2 hours usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

I've done it quite a few times, and it's usually about 2hrs to 2.5 hrs depending on traffic, route taken and time of day. Although it's normally closer to the 2 hour mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

Thanks guys, helping to organise a hen night and trying to work out what time to organise the first activity there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

zoey wrote: »
    Thanks guys, helping to organise a hen night and trying to work out what time to organise the first activity there.

That's easy - 35 minutes after leaving Letterkenny is a stop at biddys for the first pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I do it all the time.Best be going through Sligo if you are not familiar with the route,better roads.2 and half hours,2 if the traffic is light.

Btw,Carrick is great craic for a night out!

Advertisement