Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam arts festival (sawdoctors concert)

Options
  • 24-07-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Tuam arts festival is on in August and will have the Sawdoctors in concert. This sounds good any info? Where can you get tickets? What else is on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The phone has been hopping with reservations for tickets. There will only be approx 400 tickets.
    Send me a PM if you are interested. I work in the box office when it opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Jaysus, Mars Bar, the whole of Boards will PM you for revealing that information. Mine is four at the front, side by side. Sambos at the break, if you don't mind. Freshly cut, I would assume. Anyway, The Coonics and The Ralphs will be playing along with Republic of Loose at the Tuam Arts Festival according to their website.

No PMs yet Dec!

It's gonna be first come first served in the box office and I think max 4 tickets per person to make it fair. (one person wanted 20!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brecape

mars bar wrote: »
    The phone has been hopping with reservations for tickets. There will only be approx 400 tickets.
    Send me a PM if you are interested. I work in the box office when it opens up.

Where and when can we get tickets. I need 4 also. are they going on sale soon

The provisional opening date for the box office is the 3rd of August but IMO, I think it will open later than that. I'll post it here though when I have confirmation (have to clean the place first and make look all nice and homey!).

The Box Office is across from Hynes Sweet Shop where Esat Digifone used to be...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brecape

The Box Office is across from Hynes Sweet Shop where Esat Digifone used to be...[/quote]

Cool thanks a million

My pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bwc

Hi Mars Bar I'm trying to get 2 tickets - i'm in kilkenny so can't go physically and get them tomorrow at noon (saw doctors website info)! do you happen to know phone number for ticket office (seeing as you are tidying it up!) - can't find it anywhere on the website or the tuam info website. Have The Brogue's number but not Rustic vaults - understand tickets to be had there too. Many thanks

Hey bwc, PM going your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jesusman

100 tickets on sale in the Brogue Bar in Tuam tomorrow Tuesday at 12 noon. Confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bwc

Mars Bar - very many thanks for that, pm replied :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

Got my tickets earlier... yay cant wait for the gig :D

You were one of the lucky few who did! They sold out in 6 minutes!

It was moving so fast, I couldn't record the number of tickets into the laptop! It got so messy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

6 mins wow thats fast, but only a small number of tickets i suppose. lucky i was near the front of the queue, did take my a few mins to find the "box office" though :D:D

Haha, we had people saying they were walking around the town for an hour and actually missed out on tickets because they couldn't see the very odd little silver trailer parked in the square with a big rusty bull attached to it and would only be connected to the arts fest.

I mean, come on?! Fair play to ya inspired for clocking it!

mars bar wrote: »
    You were one of the lucky few who did! They sold out in 6 minutes!

How come it took so long. Obviously the Sawdocs' popularity on the wane. Pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

so its sold out then!? wow :) should be a good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

I see a couple of other good acts as well including ardal o hanlon- not bad for a small arts festival or maybe i should say not so small anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

It is a shame that they could not have got a larger venue for the concert, I think it is a bit of a waste having so few tickets. If you manage to attract a 'bigish' name to play in a festival surely you would want them in the biggest venue you have in the area or hire a tent thing to stage the event. Although not fan I am sure they would sell out the stadium if they wanted to? Just seems a bit odd for the organisers to have picked such a small venue.

Small venue = small crowed = small revenue = small publicity?

:confused:

Yes but...*sigh*, I feel like a cd on repeat here!

Try having a big venue with 3 or 4 events on during the week and only 1 is a seller. Those other 3 events that don't sell don't cover the cost of the tent or the insurance.

Now have a smallish tent where 3 events almost sell out and 1 big event that does, with the cost of the insurance and the tent being lower due to it's size, it's easier to run.

It's a recession and the Arts council is not getting a lot of money and these Arts Festivals aren't either.

Don't forget that they have to pay the bands too.

The last time the Docs played in Tuam, it was only an event that ran for a couple of days. They were able to hire out that tent because the gig sold out and it was only up for that event. The festival has been getting bigger and bigger every year and it is now a monster!! (It has me pulling out my hair for one thing...)

These things never make a profit, the least they can do is minimize the debt!

Hope that helps ya understand! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Went to see Earwig put on an outdoor show last Friday night in the square, pity the weather was its usual self as a lot of effort had gone into it. Story was based on the origin of the two bulls from Tain Bo Cuailnge, they put together two very impressive metal bulls for the event.

It went on a lot longer than the Macnas parade in Galway a few weeks ago, that's for sure!
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]

As Mars Bar rightly pointed out, if the Sawdocs were to play in Tuam Stadium with a capacity of two or three thousand, a tent would have to be erected, huge insurance costs would have to be paid, the GAA would have to get their grubby hands on a fair stash and there would be other huge costs involved. In view of this, the tent would have to stay up for around three nights with two other headline acts playing in the hope that these concerts would also be sell out if anything was to be made out of this venture. It's a pity the Sawdocs have to play in such a small venue but such is life.

Advertisement