Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Riggs possibly out of Strikeforce fight

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Unconfirmed report that Riggs is puling out of the Diaz fight

"Joe Riggs has pulled out of his fight with Nick Diaz after suffering a bad reaction to an as of yet undisclosed drug. According to sources close to the fighter, Riggs will be recovering in the hospital for the next couple of weeks and therefore unable to fight Diaz. At this time it is unclear if Riggs' problem is physical or mental. Nick Diaz however, will still be fighting on the card and it is expected that Strikeforce will be announcing Diaz's new opponent in the next couple of days."

Story comes from a website linked with Diaz camp so could be just stirring ****.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard that it was confirmed. That's two title fights out of four on the show cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah Overeem pulled out aswell, was looking forward to that one .

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah Overeem pulled out aswell, was looking forward to that one .

Me too. Don't get into bar fights :pac:

Dave Meltzer said that Brett Rogers turned down a fight with Werdum. That would have been the next top heavyweight fight that they could have

I've no idea who the replacements will be

let's just keep our fingers crossed for Strikeforce and that they get a good show on ,what with all that has happened this week, but based on their previous cards and events im very hopeful they will pull it of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Looks like Babalu vs Mousasai (sp?) will be on this card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Hellsing

Bloodyelbow and MMAMania are reporting that Jay Hieron is the front runner to replace Riggs against Diaz. Good replacement, I'm certainly more interested in Hieron/Diaz than Riggs/Diaz. This is going to be an excellent card :)

And the fact the ladies are in the main event is also a good thing and over 5x5 rounds , mind you this was the only fight they could have promoted as a main event in terms of ladies, without taking away from the ladies or them for doing it but there just aint enough big names yet , but i for one am looking forward to this, Gina to be crushed via ko / tko within 2 minutes i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Babablu and Mousassi confirmed, and for LHW title. Assume its 5x5 min but not sure

Hieron not yet confirmed, but says he like what Strikeforce are offering.

Strikeforce might also be looking at Paul Daley

dunkamania wrote: »
    Strikeforce might also be looking at Paul Daley

The Wrestling Observer says that he's signed with the UFC

Strikeforce just confirmed that Mitsuhiro Ishida will be replacing Josh Thomson against Gilbert Melendez

That should be great, it was a really good fight when they fought before. Although I think that this is the third time that Thomson's pulled out of a title defence due to injury

• Advertisement
Advertisement