Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H-Dip - is it possible to get hold of the recommended reading list before Sept?

• 24-07-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there

Will be starting the H-Dip in Maynooth in Sept.

Just checking if anyone can advise me if it is possible to get hold of the recommended reading list in advance of the course commencing in Sept. Called the college and they were of no help. My subjects include, German, History and Maths.

Your help will be very much appreciated.....Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From what I've read on the Education boards, we won't know what we're expected to read until much closer to the start of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

your an eager beaver!

Got the timetables today in the mail.

Cant say I'm too impressed that they've put English seminars from 5-7 on Tuesday, given that as a commutter, my bus leaves at 6. Going to have to try and find another way of getting home now, which won't be easy. Is a tad unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

ya thats tough alright! Does anyone hav any knowledge about the profile assessment of our teaching practice school. Has written on the top of the page week of the 24th August? Do we do it that week and have it for the 7th ? or need to hand it in?

Not very clear really.

Our induction week begins on the 7th but we still have registration on the 4th am i right?

I have not recieved any course fee info yet. Has any one else?

I presume we bring it along to the school on the week begining 24th and ask them about it then. I know my school is bringing in all the H.Dips and new teachers alone for a morning, so I plan on asking whoever is there if they mind me asking the questions. As for handing it in....I dont know actually. I was planning on typing up all answers to bring with me anyway, so I guess I'll play it safe and do it in a way that could be presentable...

I've not recieved anything about fees or registering yet either. I'm presuming we'll get info the week before though, so I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Anyone else get an email today about sending documentation to the student records office before registration?

Also, regarding the profile assessment of the school we'll be teaching in - I assume we wont be handing it in until we start on the 7th.

My school is not starting until the 31st so I'm not sure why they have the week of the 24th written on it. I can fill it in anyway because I've taught there for two years, but surely they realise not all schools start back on the same day?

Hope the reg and fees info comes soon though - just want to get it done and out of the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 albundy1

Hi,

Joehandyman, I am doing PGDE in NUIM insept and I contacted the University about getting a reading list. The lady in Education department was very brief and said they wouldnt be giving out a reding list in advance of the course. Pity I think.

Hey, I also got the same e-mail, you have post the addmisions office photcopy of your Degree results/transcripts, a copy of your birth cert/Passport and your PPSN, its to speed up your registration on the day I think. Also in relation to the Fees, Some good news and some bad news... Good news is Postgrads dont pay Reg fees, bad news Course fees are gone up, 6,398 (Inc levy) you pay in 2 instalments if you want. Half on day of Registration and half in January. THIS COUNTRY BLOWS

Hey, I also got the same e-mail, you have post the addmisions office photcopy of your Degree results/transcripts, a copy of your birth cert/Passport and your PPSN, its to speed up your registration on the day I think. Also in relation to the Fees, Some good nes and some bad news... Good news is Postgrads dont pay Reg fees, bad news Course fees are gone up, 6,398 (Inc levy) you pay in 2 instalments if you want. Half on day of Registration and half in January. THIS COUNTRY BLOWS

albundy1 wrote: »
    Hey, I also got the same e-mail, you have post the addmisions office photcopy of your Degree results/transcripts, a copy of your birth cert/Passport and your PPSN, its to speed up your registration on the day I think. Also in relation to the Fees, Some good nes and some bad news... Good news is Postgrads dont pay Reg fees, bad news Course fees are gone up, 6,398 (Inc levy) you pay in 2 instalments if you want. Half on day of Registration and half in January. THIS COUNTRY BLOWS

Thanks for the info!

Are you sure about not paying the reg fees?? That would be so wonderful if true! :D

Also - is a photocopy of the photo page of your passport ok? I don't have a copy of my birthcert here, and I don't want to post my passport anywhere! :eek:

• Advertisement

Um, I didn't get this email :O

Um, I didn't get this email :O

Awwww - don't feel left out! :p Here is a copy and paste of the one I got:

Dear Postgraduate,

I am writing to request that all accepted applicants for the
    Postgraduate Diploma in Education submit the following documentation to
    the Student Records Office, Humanity House, NUI Maynooth as soon as
    possible please.

1. Copy of Birth Certificate or Valid Passport

2. Copy of Degree Parchment or Academic Transcript of Results with the
    date of conferring of Primary degree. Any students who have not yet
    been conferred should obtain a letter from your institution confirming
    your degree results and the expected date of conferring.

3. PPS number.

The processing of this documentation ahead of registratiton will
    seriously speed up the registration process on the day.

Your co-operation in providing the required information is greatly
    appreciated.

Regards,

Ann O'Shea
    Student Records Officer

Thanks.

Something that just hit me; out of interest, did you go to Maynooth last year? Perhaps the reason I didn't get that email is cause they'd already have all those details for me.

Thanks.

Something that just hit me; out of interest, did you go to Maynooth last year? Perhaps the reason I didn't get that email is cause they'd already have all those details for me.

No probs! :)

No, I graduated a few years ago from UCD - never been to Maynooth before.

I did fill in my email address on all forms where there was a space though - for PAC definitley anyway, and possibly on the Teaching Practice forms for Maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

hey i never got the email either but because my friend is doin the course aswell he informed me about it. They had my email address spelt wrong.

Thanks for the info!

Are you sure about not paying the reg fees?? That would be so wonderful if true! :D

Also - is a photocopy of the photo page of your passport ok? I don't have a copy of my birthcert here, and I don't want to post my passport anywhere! :eek:
    Hey, yep Im sure about no Registration fees for Postgrads but still have to pay the Course fees. You can pay half on Sept 4th and half after Xmas. Im thinking of Registering late for the course as I need to add up more unemployed says for the purposes of getting Back to Education allowance...Iv e-mailed Education dept about being allowed to attend lectures etc...for first few weeks until I register.

Has anybody else this problem? Also will the Social welfare facilitator allow me to do this to add up the days? As if im not registered, im not officially on the course until I actually register and pay Fees

ps. Copy of Passport is fine, you dont just give your apssport to anybody, no bloody way... :)

any advise helpful, sorry for going off the main point

Advertisement