Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Kitten

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Im prob being totally paraniod but I need advice.
    My 12 week old kitten, Socks seems to have a cold. Shes wheezy and coughing alot, and nearly threw up a few mins ago.
    Her belly is also a bit swollen and she seems hotter than usual.
    Shes lazy and not herself.
    Am I beeing paranoid? Should I bring her to the vet?
    Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

wheezing and coughing in a kitten would ring alarm bells with me.

could be any number of things most of which need to be dealt with my a vet.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

BF rang the vet and hes taking her in at 5.45.
    Im so worried, We have another 12 week old kitten, Charlotte, and she seems fine.
    Could it be a reaction to her booster shots which she got on wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

could be anything from worms to a simple virus to cat flu from the symptoms you've described. that's why the vet needs to see her as it's impossible to diagnose via the interweb :)

if she was fine up until now though chances are it's just a bug and nothing some meds won't sort.

thats what im hoping cuz she started wheezing and coughing yesterday evening but seemed fine untill an hour ago. well i will let you guys know how it goes later on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Vets is the best place for her. Good luck.

• Advertisement

vet reckons its just stress as charlotte (charlie) was only introduced to her on tues.
    Im still not convinced but i guess he knows best.
    Goods news is that there driving me mad chasing weach other around the room atm so at least shes more active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If the vet took her temperature and she didn't have a reading out of the ordinary, that's a good sign.

A swollen belly can often mean worms. When is the last time you wormed her?

If she has enough energy to play chasing that's also a good sign. Keep an eye on her, make sure she's eating and drinking. Hopefully she'll be fine.

Advertisement