Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter-rail tickets

• 24-07-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Me and two mates are flying into Amsterdam on Tuesday to go inter-railing. But now one of said mates is panicking because we don't have our tickets booked. I was told we can get our tickets over there so I'm not too worried...is this true? Can inter-rail tickets be bought over there or do they have to be bought from a website?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭standardtoaster

Alright,

Went inter-railing there a few years back you can pick the ticket up from CIE in Middle Abbey Street(Bring your passport with you)! I'd recommend it saves any confusion when you get over to Amsterdam!!
    You'll have a class time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Alright,

Went inter-railing there a few years back you can pick the ticket up from CIE in Middle Abbey Street(Bring your passport with you)! I'd recommend it saves any confusion when you get over to Amsterdam!!
    You'll have a class time!!

Thanks for the reply mate. Its just that I'm in Kildare so it would be (an albeit mild) pain in my arse to make it up to town to buy the ticket! So, what I'm really asking is, is it possible to buy the ticket in Amsterdam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

no, it's not

Don't know I'm afraid, your best bet would be to e-mail your hostel in Amsterdam and ask them. They'll definitely know the aul story with picking up the pass!!

Don't have a hostel booked!

• Advertisement

no, it's not

Sorry could you give me more details, please?

Rang Irish Rail there, they told me I will be able to purchase my ticket from Amsterdam central. Saves me driving up to USIT today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ni.Chofaigh

me and my 3 friends are starting interrailing next week too but we all bought our tickets online. we thought you had to buy them in your country of residence. i only booked mine last night but theyll have to me by friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Hi Flananator/Ni.Chofaigh, sorry to hijack your thread but what's your itinerary like for the trip? Thinking of doing this but have no clue where to start. Are ye just starting in Amsterdam and seeing where the wind takes ye or is there more of a plan involved?

Cheers.

We went away for 4 weeks, booked our accomadation for the 1st 2 cities (5 nights) and last 3 nights(from the city we were flying home from). We had a vague idea of where we were going but along the way you'll meet others who'll tell you where the current hot spots are.

I'd recommend having a vague idea of where you'd like to go, that way you've got plenty of flexibility if you decide to go to a few random cities!!

The one city I'd recommend you take in is Munich in Germany by far and away our favourite city of the trip, also one of the most under-rated party cities in Europe and without a doubt the BEST BEER you'll ever drink.....so much I've been back 4 times in 5 years!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ni.Chofaigh

hi,

yeh we're starting in Amsterdam next tuesday then onto berlin. we've booked hostels in these two cities. we plan on heading to gdansk, krakow, prague, and then lake bled in slovenia. we're a group of 4 so we'll probably stick to the plan but if it was a smaller group it'd be easier to go where the wind takes ya. id recommend making some sort of outline so you get to the places you really want. I really wanted to see berlin and krakow so we worked them in. hopefully it'll all work out ok, id personally perfere more freedom but with four theres too many opinions to go completely off plan!!

i'll tell you at the end of august whether we were right or very wrong!

hope it helped at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I lost my interrail ticket in Munich and had no problem at all buying a new one in Paris. It was hand written though!!

oh +1 on Munich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bozzy

joining up with a few mates on their interrailing trip now in two weeks, flying to budapest, heading to ljubljana and then onto venice. does anyone know is my cheapest option for train travel the 159euro interrail ticket, or are there any cheaper train options??

Advertisement