Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strawberries

Options
  • 24-07-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

The local veg shop had a special on strwberries and I went a bit ott. Now have 1 punnet left which is starting to go off. I need to use them today, or they will end up in the bin.

They're not fresh enough to make a nice strawberry and cream type dessert, so I thought I'd cook them, but any recipe I found calls for vanilla or mint which I don't have.

I have flour and a small bit of cocoa, eggs, margarine etc but I've been searching for recipes all morning, found nothing suitable. Any ideas on what to do with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Cook them gently with some sugar and lemon juice according to your taste, then purée and strain them for a strawberry coulis. You can add this to whipped cream or serve with vanilla ice-cream.

Advertisement