Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you or a friend lose their wages today?

• 24-07-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

K so the girlfriend found someones wages. Their name was on the envelope so i know their first name and know how much was in it. Spread the word someone lost it someone knows who it was. And no chancers sayin it's theirs either. Hence not giving names on here! Oh but it was in Letterkenny!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fair play to you. Not sure if many people will see this but nevertheless its a nice gesture.

Maybe a quick phone call also to Highland radio and Im sure they wont mind announcing it and perhaps notify the local barracks as that would be the first place Id check if I lost money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

fair play to the both of you in these times!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

fair play man some 1 nice out after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Texted highland, nobody works the phones after half 5 it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Fair play to you. Good karma will come back to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

*Applauds*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Wasn't mine anyway, if it was my wages your missus would be singing "find a penny pick it up, all day have good luck":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Very honest - definitely good karma :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Respect and fair play to you both!

Great to see there are still good honest people out there and I hope if you ever find the 'owner', they have huge gratitude for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Respect and fair play to you both!

Great to see there are still good honest people out there and I hope if you ever find the 'owner', they have huge gratitude for you...

Nope i found wages handed them into the guarda station. Person picked them but did bother getting in touch to thank me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Bob Z wrote: »
    Nope i found wages handed them into the guarda station. Person picked them but did bother getting in touch to thank me
    Well, I reckon that's bad karma for them - maybe they won't be so lucky the next time. I hope it doesn't put you off being honest - what goes around, comes around, I am convinced.
    On a bit of a side issue though, why has thanking people become such a rarity these days (or am I just getting old?)? I notice it even on Boards, where a lot of great people give some terrific advice and information to people pleading for it, only for there to be no thanks ever offered and no follow-up posts to say how they got on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Well i'll tell ya if any good karma comes my way, told the gardai i found someones wages (call me old fashioned but i'd rather hold on to it when i know i'll look after it than give it to someone else even if they are gardai!) Anyway they rang me and someone gave all the right details so i'm droppin it back to them tomorrow :) cheers for all the feedback though :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nice one!

Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carr6775

danniemcq wrote: »
    Well i'll tell ya if any good karma comes my way, told the gardai i found someones wages (call me old fashioned but i'd rather hold on to it when i know i'll look after it than give it to someone else even if they are gardai!) Anyway they rang me and someone gave all the right details so i'm droppin it back to them tomorrow :) cheers for all the feedback though :)

Decent fella, well done!

Advertisement