Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP s escaping under the rip off redar

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 karenk83

Ok I'm a public servant and found out recently that i pay a health levy. What the hell for? I pay 50 euro to cross the threshold at the doctor's and paid extortionate amounts of money in the past for prescriptions. Would prefer the system in England to be honest.
    I avoid the doctor cause cant afford it most of the time. What a wonderful country we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't recall my wife having to pay extra. They just get shipped off to the nearest hospital with a lab facility.

cost me €20 for the nurse to take bloods. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Larianne wrote: »
    cost me €20 for the nurse to take bloods. :o

:eek:

It's about time that Lidl added a special testing kit to their gadget repertoire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ejmaztec wrote: »
    :eek:

It's about time that Lidl added a special testing kit to their gadget repertoire.

Yeah I nearly died! Are they not supposed to display prices somewhere in the surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fabre4

Is a GP practice not supposed to charge now for the service from their nurse of taking bloods? Seems fair to me and €20 is good value.

I suppose the alternative is travel in and queue in hospital for them to be taken for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Recently visited a GP in the Ranelagh Clinic. €60 for the initial chat and €25 for bloods. Not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    they pay tonnes and tonnes of tax

So there's a special extra tax on GPs is there? You only pay "tonnes and tonnes of tax" on "tonnes and tonnes of money".

Advertisement