Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tile cleaner?

• 24-07-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone know of a good strength tile cleaner for floor tiles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monke

there is only one good tile cleaner.. look for santrax tile and brick cleaner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

kkhurler wrote: »

Not sure on what cleaner to advise but watch out for that stuff called Cilit Bang, I have seen it strip the shiny coated surface off floor tiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am guessing your tiles have developed a lot of grit. Your information is a little vague but your problem is all to common.

If its the same problem you might need to buy some tile acid, strip back the dirt then seal the tiles again.

Can you provide any more information

ie

Type of tile: Porceline / Ceramic / Slate

Surface: Shine/Matt/Grainy/Ridges

Colour:

As much info as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Rawlplug do a range of tiling cleaner, stripping, sealing products

Its availible in B&q ( and before anyone says anything i realise i have mentioned b&q in nearly every post but they do have a lot of this stuff)

anyway as joey says unless we know what you want to clean we cant ffer any more advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kkhurler

They are kitchen floor tiles - black in colour - slate i think - with ridges (uneven surface) impossible to keep clean - they show up every crumb - the only time they look anyway decent is after washing (for about 5 minutes) - they are difficult to wash because of the ridges and milk/youghurts etc stick to them so its a get down on your knees job. I thought if i could get a good strong tile cleaner it would make the job easier, i currently use flash or other such floor cleaners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

They are kitchen floor tiles - black in colour - slate i think - with ridges (uneven surface) impossible to keep clean - they show up every crumb - the only time they look anyway decent is after washing (for about 5 minutes) - they are difficult to wash because of the ridges and milk/youghurts etc stick to them so its a get down on your knees job. I thought if i could get a good strong tile cleaner it would make the job easier, i currently use flash or other such floor cleaners.

Thats what i thought. I have the cream version in porceline. What I done is bought some acid specially for cleaning tiles. I cleaned them twice. Make sure your happy with the clean because then your going to seal them and its a baxtard to remove the dirt from under the sealer.

Like i said when your happy cleaning them with the acid seal them with a small roller. Let it dry. Its far easier to clean. You can do a test space if you want to test it but I have always found the litheofilm(bad spelling) the best stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sio i'Cork like

A little off topic but is there a good product for cleaning the "Grout" (It's the american word, I don't know what else to call it, maybe tile cement). Or is it just a mater of tearing the tiles down and starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Anyone know what Santrax's website is? I've been having trouble finding any information about 2 Irish companies, Santrax and Gaelchem. I wanna see the MSDS since they say little or nothing about the chemical composition on the containers.

Advertisement