Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Problem

• 24-07-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Heya, hopefully this is the right place for this. I'm keeping an eye on my uncle's place while he's getting away and getting building work done. Popped over this evening to check that everything was ok and the number pad has stopped working on their alarm (althought it must have been fine up until recently cos the builders were able to arm it) I called the number that was on the alarm and they're saying that they don't maintain it and it's the person who maintains it I'm looking for. Added to this I can't reach my uncle to get any info about it.

I really need to get it fixed, the neighbours will have blood coming out there ears if it goes on all night. Any idea how I'd go about getting someone to come out and fix it? I'm thinking 'Hi, I don't live here and I've set off the alarm, fix please' is going to make me look like quite the crappy house burglar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Problem solved :D thanks to lovely on call engineer who talked me through turning off the shaggin thing rather than coming over to the house and having me incur a €209 emergency call out fee

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

€209??? :confused:
    I'll have to put my prices up..:D

€150- €180 is fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭altor

€209 emergency call out fee

Thats alot, who does he work for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Koolaboola

My wife is considering replacing the alarm box (that works just fine) with a new bow that has some lights that flash on and off. The alarm guy quoted €140 and i think its a mad waste of money.
    Can anybody tell me if this new box is any better. i'd have thought that the most important thing is to have an alarm that works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It never ceases to amaze me the big deal people make about led on a SABB.
    These were originally designed as an installation tool nothing more. They have now turned into an essential feature. If the €140 includes call out & labour then you are getting a good deal. People obsessed with this is great to have in the current climate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

i persume your talkin about a SABB (siren), it looks pretty itself good but it costs about €55 i think for itself. i wouldn't think its a big job to do, its only changing the wires (and maybe doin something to the control panel).

i would think its a good price if it includes the SABB.

i agree to your wife, its a new enough siren (janruary) so that might make the robbers think twice (has lights remember)! because a really old siren looks like its not in use.

Advertisement