Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoW2: Dark Corners/All Fronts

• 24-07-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Who'll be buying this when it comes out on Tuesday and which one will you buy?

I'll be getting All Fronts since I didn't bother with any of the other map-packs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I already had all the map packs and was going to buy just Dark Corners. Then I was gifted with a press code for All Fronts :D

The maps are epic. Trust me on that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Going for the All Fronts pack as I don't have any of the DLC.

Heard this was coming out on disc as well but I can't see it on any sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going for the All Fronts pack as I don't have any of the DLC.

Heard this was coming out on disc as well but I can't see it on any sites.

Yeah I'm gonna try and get it retail aswell, heard they're shipping a strategy guide, poster and theme with it

@theChrisD, was that one of them dodgy 800 points glitch releases :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Gonna get Dark Corners, since I've got the previous packs. I'm really looking forward to it!

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    @theChrisD, was that one of them dodgy 800 points glitch releases :P

Nope, a full-blown working 25-character redeemable code :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

How much are they seperately? I'll probably go for Dark Corners first then get All Fronts as I dont have any of the map packs bar the flashback ones that came with the special edition of the game when it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Moiph wrote: »
    How much are they seperately? I'll probably go for Dark Corners first then get All Fronts as I dont have any of the map packs bar the flashback ones that came with the special edition of the game when it was released.

Dark Corners is 1200 comes with the deleted scene and new maps or All Fronts is 1600 and comes with everything previously released including the Snowblind maps, Combustible maps and the Dark Corners content.

If all you have is the flashback maps it's best to just pick up All Fronts, saves money.

Dammit, hadn't done much research or reading about this after it's initial announcement but it appears Epic scrapped the idea of having a retail version of All Fronts a while back, will just be DLC only now apparantly :(

EDIT: Anyone know how much Gamestop and Xtra-Vision are selling points for atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

22 euros for 2100 in both atm

camero wrote: »
    22 euros for 2100 in both atm

anyoen know how much 4200 are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I'm glad i didn't buy the other Add-ons, Now i can get them altogether for a decent price.

2100 points in Game are €22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

rizzla wrote: »
    Dark Corners is 1200 comes with the deleted scene and new maps or All Fronts is 1600 and comes with everything previously released including the Snowblind maps, Combustible maps and the Dark Corners content.

If all you have is the flashback maps it's best to just pick up All Fronts, saves money.

Ah sweet if everything is included in All Fronts then I'll go for that, cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Will be picking up all fronts for 1600... I have snowblind, so I'm only saving on 400 points (combustible is 800).

I set myself a goal of 1000 points in Gears before Dark Corners. I'm on 990, with 8/10 wins as leader in Guardian mode (for 10 points)... I'll do it tonight! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Will be picking up all fronts for 1600... I have snowblind, so I'm only saving on 400 points (combustible is 800).

I set myself a goal of 1000 points in Gears before Dark Corners. I'm on 990, with 8/10 wins as leader in Guardian mode (for 10 points)... I'll do it tonight! :)

Guardian isn't that bad, it's the achievement for submission that's horrible, nobody chooses that game type.

It's a shame early adopters get so screwed but I guess they'll be kickin my ass on those maps when I pick up All Fronts too.

rizzla wrote: »
    Guardian isn't that bad, it's the achievement for submission that's horrible, nobody chooses that game type.

It's a shame early adopters get so screwed but I guess they'll be kickin my ass on those maps when I pick up All Fronts too.

Tell me about it... I've played submission (A mode which I quite enjoy) 2/3 times iirc. Achievement progress is 1/10... can't see that one happening! People always pick Guardian. The achievement is easy enough to get, and the mode is enjoyable to boot! What I can't handle is when your leader thinks it's a good idea to lead the assault! Grrr :mad:

Snowblind is a lovely set of maps :) Hoping Dark Corners lives up to it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its way too expensive for what you get.

Wipeout Fury came out the weekend cost 9.99 and blows this content out of the water i say that without having played the DLC :)

Im still going to get it though cus im an idiot and because one of th guys on the shoryuken reviewed and said its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

when is this released for download?

when is this released for download?

Tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

man screwed. I cant kill other peopel in GOW2 its just mad. 2 long rounds today and I think I had 3 kills in an hour oF game play. Am I missing somthing, how do you make other people die, shooting them dosent seem to work. I think ill just go back to horde.

Im thinking of getting all fronts but only if i figure out how to play the damed game.

man screwed. I cant kill other peopel in GOW2 its just mad. 2 long rounds today and I think I had 3 kills in an hour oF game play. Am I missing somthing, how do you make other people die, shooting them dosent seem to work. I think ill just go back to horde.

Im thinking of getting all fronts but only if i figure out how to play the damed game.

Most online games take practice to get good at, you start off and you just get slaughtered by people who are used to playing it but then with time you get better and you progress to getting as many kills as deaths and then with more time you start to get more kills than deaths each round. You can't expect to straight away be getting as many kills against people who've being playing it online for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

A lot of close contact, shotgun stuff. Learn to 2 piece and go from there. Just no chainsawing, for everyones sake

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

So let me get this straight... Its coming out tomorrow yea? And is it, or is it not coming out as retail, and if so how much?

Sorry but I'v seen alot of different contradicting things about it.

So let me get this straight... Its coming out tomorrow yea? And is it, or is it not coming out as retail, and if so how much?

Sorry but I'v seen alot of different contradicting things about it.

The retail version of All Fronts was cancelled, out tomorrow on the Live Arcade for 1600 MS points

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The retail version of All Fronts was cancelled, out tomorrow on the Live Arcade for 1600 MS points

Thanks mate, will buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Anyone had a crack at this yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, I can't get any kills on Gears 2 or 1, I'm only getting the new maps to play Horde on, at least the AI die when you shoot them and people tend to work together. Gears multiplayer just does not work for me at all. I can play CoD 4, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, Over G, Halo 3, Ace Combat 6, Left 4 Dead and I can get by just fine but Gears, I don't know what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

As said before get used to the shotgun and close quarters combat.Practice in the first few levels of horde or with the bots in multiplayer. Try keep the shotty tilted upwards so you'll get a good clean shot and blow the head off in one go or melee them and then shoot them. If thats not working for you use the machine gun and try and down the enemy from a distance then rush in and stomp em. The chainsaws generally piss people off who have been playing for a while cause wouldn't have them equipped so if some one has it its impossible to block, however if you are having problems use the chainsaw till you get used to how people play online and get a feel for the tactics. Best online mode starting off is annex, so you can respawn abit and won't get demoralised by getting slaughtered in execution.Here's a guide I found about online play thats decent enough.Keep practicing and I guarantee soon enough you'll be getting a crap load of kills.
    http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1025

So where is everyone then? I need to get some Horde action going. Got a lot of waves to clear - it was practically impossible when I was the only one I knew who had them :(

PS: Pay close attention to the multiplayer segments ;)

TheChrisD wrote: »
    PS: Pay close attention to the multiplayer segments ;)

How many times did the IGN guys kill you ;)

j/k... It's my intense jealousy talking :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Never really got into the multiplayer for this game. Kept getting killed or abused by American kids for being a noob (and I play Halo!). Might give it another shot.

Out of interest, do you guys reckon it has the best online multiplayer for Xbox?

Have they made any changes to Horde? I read something about being able to resume from whatever level you last died on...

Advertisement