Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation in carlow

• 24-07-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Was checking prices of single rooms around southern gardens and other places. Some rooms are reasonable like around 60-70€ but some are going for 80-85€ (not including bills) a week!!

How can they be so much? and some aren't even near the college.

Is it worth negotiating these rent's or are they 'set in stone'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Well the thing is while there is a recession more and more people are going back to college so accommodation isn't really going to get much cheaper around the college because demand will be as high as ever.

But ya those prices are still a bit much alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Unfortunately I went looking for housing late last time and was stuck with an €80/w 7 person house. I hadn't realised we were getting such a bad deal until I talked to our neighbours who were paying €65 >_<
    Thankfully I'm in a new place this year for €50/w so 4th year should be a little easier on the aul wallet~
    I'd recommend trying some haggling, just in case. If not, you can always shell out the full price if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 niclos

hi,guys,I'm renting out a double room ensuite in crosbie place beside tesco.Only 3 or 4 people living in it.70euro per week for one person,or 95euro for a couple.If anyone interested,pm me.

Advertisement