Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropkick Murphys song

• 24-07-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the piratey song by them? its driving me nuts :mad: i lost my leg...somethingsomething and all that! PLEASE tell me someone knows this song :<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

"I'm Shipping Up To Boston"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

shipping upto boston...... great song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah I know the song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Song's not bad... shame about the band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I fcuking hate that song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They have another piraty song

They have another piraty song

That just made my ears cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

magicianz wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the piratey song by them? its driving me nuts :mad: i lost my leg...somethingsomething and all that! PLEASE tell me someone knows this song :<

Guess who was watching the simpsons?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Such a ****ty band.

You're not Irish and you never will be lads. I hope that bothers you till the day you die while i couldn't give a **** that i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Give me Flogging Molley any day over that lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Such a ****ty band.

You're not Irish and you never will be lads. I hope that bothers you till the day you die while i couldn't give a **** that i am.

I think they are celebrating the fact that their families got the hell out of Ireland.

Not sure what you lot are so excitied about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Such a ****ty band.

Why all the hate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

brummytom wrote: »
    That just made my ears cry

That's called wax, lad. If I were you, I'd go see a doc about it, maybe get 'em syringed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Quint wrote: »
    Why all the hate?

Because the band are just gash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They're a shower is knob jockeys too, they refused to clear a sample for a lad I know and then when a mutual friend (Mickey Ward, an Irish-Canadian Boxer who they idolise) asked them to reconsider, they served him with cease and desist papers and got his video taken off youtube.

The Song had been used by Andy Lee and Oisin Fagen as ring entrence mucis and was getting airplay on a few east coast radio stations in the US.

So in short, DKM = shower is arsebandits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I once asked them about sampling, their manager got back to me saying they couldn't because of their record label.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Seaneh wrote: »
    They're a shower is knob jockeys too, they refused to clear a sample for a lad I know and then when a mutual friend (Mickey Ward, an Irish-Canadian Boxer who they idolise) asked them to reconsider, they served him with cease and desist papers and got his video taken off youtube.

The Song had been used by Andy Lee and Oisin Fagen as ring entrence mucis and was getting airplay on a few east coast radio stations in the US.

Thats a record label issue, not the bands doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Lyrics by Woodie Guthrie.

Good Rats with Shane MacGowan isn't a bad song either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Best pirate song ever

Mad Caddies, great band,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Dropkick Murphys..hmm, nah never really gave a toss about them. Its mainly Irish-Americans who listen to them, whereas over here its just that ott cheesey.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Seaneh wrote: »

Serious question, I'm not taking the piss:
    In the above statement by Seaneh, does is = of, or am I missing something?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Rockee wrote: »
    Dropkick Murphys..hmm, nah never really gave a toss about them. Its mainly Irish-Americans who listen to them, whereas over here its just that ott cheesey.

There's quite a few Oirish bands like that in the 'States.
    I remember years back being dragged along to see a Black '47 gig in Chicago, who all my Irish-American friends were raving about; I wasn't a bit impressed.

The pogues aren't really Irish but I think they're great (and I'm more of a traditionalist)

Are they seen as 'acceptable/authentic' over there or 'plastic paddy' like these showers of ****es?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I don't care what anyone says about Dropkick Murphys, they are essentially a very lame band today, but Do Or Die and their early EPs are essential punk records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Samson wrote: »
    There's quite a few Oirish bands like that in the 'States.
    I remember years back being dragged along to see a Black '47 gig in Chicago, who all my Irish-American friends were raving about; I wasn't a bit impressed.

Yeah, similar thing happened to me in the States. Guinness t-shirts and tweed caps aplenty!

Advertisement