Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NUIM paper/magazine

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sounds interesting. Didn't get a copy of the article though?

Note: I only have 9 minutes of internet left because of a rant about Arts Block closing times I won't get into....

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

i emailed them to robbmm@gmail.com???

I attached a PDF copy of the article as well as the word document?

Let me know if you havent got it? Il send it again

Yeah, have another go to robbbmm@gmail.com!

2 or 3 b's????? i havent got my glasses on and iv been using the internet all night so my eyes are all fuzzy!

2 Ms, 3 Bs!

PC is logging me off..:(

• Advertisement

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ok its sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Don't leave us in suspense! Did you get it?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I emailed those pictures

Got both!! Am taking the day to do this stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

When are you planning on having the first issue out? Do we have a dealine yet?

• Advertisement

Mid-October is the planned date for the first issue, so (semi-arbitrarily) all stuff should really be in by the 10th of oct.

/scurries back to designing

banquo wrote: »
    2 Ms, 3 Bs!

PC is logging me off..:(

well??? did u get it?? for all i know you might be sittin opposite me now... im using the computers in the arts building!!

oooh freaky :)

logging off now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I've got a good piece for you Banquo, I'll mail it on later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Stopped following this thread while I was away for the summer. Someone wanna do what I'm too lazy to do and summarise where it's at with the paper situation :P

@LeixlipRed

Taking submissions, layout not finalised because I've been too busy.

All
    advise is still welcome in any area.

@Louise: So sorry! Been swamped and away from the interwebz for a week-ish, will take a look now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Beau wrote: »
    How about a beginners crash course on journalism? It could be held at a weekend and all people who have claimed to be interested could attend. IN the past I've had ideas for articles but had no idea how to start or structure one. Even better would be an online tutorial that anyone could look at at any time of the year so that you wouldn't be stuck chasing the guys that went to the crash course.

That's a great idea. I'm a newbie who hasn't written for anything really before but I'm thinking of getting into journalism. It'd be a great confidence booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I'd love to do something with Music, I've got a really wide range of Music tastes(From Bach to Britney, Rachmaninoff to Rise Against and Prokofiev to Paramore).

I also write for http://culch.ie and have access to certain music events (For example, I'm going to the launch of The Coronas new album on Tuesday night) So I could get some inside scoops for the magazine before some other people…:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

@LeixlipRed

Taking submissions, layout not finalised because I've been too busy.

All
    advise is still welcome in any area.

@Louise: So sorry! Been swamped and away from the interwebz for a week-ish, will take a look now:)

Yeh, I've written a few articles for a Shels fanzine thingy so I might be interested in some sort of sport related angle. But I just generally rip the piss so not sure my contributions would be appreciated so much :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh, I've written a few articles for a Shels fanzine thingy so I might be interested in some sort of sport related angle. But I just generally rip the piss so not sure my contributions would be appreciated so much :D

Entire magazine was ripping the piss last year. But it's ok because it's impossible to get fired, apparently.

no probs i dunno if its any good to u anyway!:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement