Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby Boom

• 24-07-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

Over the last couple of months ive noticed that there is a lot of pregnant women around. Ive been seeing about 3 or 4 times more pregnant women then the last few years. Looks like this time next year the country will be flooded with bawling brats.

I know people are probably deciding to have a baby given that we're in a recession and they've nothing better to do. But bringing in another mouth to feed when people have to be more careful with spending seems like madness.:confused:

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Human nature doesn't follow economic rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ah recession, that means alot less breading for you and for me.... alot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Grimes wrote: »
    Ah recession, that means alot less breading for you and for me.... alot more

don't you mean baking?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I've noticed it. Its freaking me out! I was in Boots recently and there was three women other than myself looking at shelves in the aisle I was in. I was the only one that wasnt fertilized! :eek: It was like a pregnant zombie attack.. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People selling/eating more babies in these recessional times.

Simple really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

.........................lets just say the swan's in Ireland will be extinct by 2015 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This time last year... 60 people working on my floor in work... 20 of us were pregnant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Ahh yes, my seed is particularly potent this summer.

Plus I get a free coffee and hot sandwich for each donation! Sweet!

This time last year... 60 people working on my floor in work... 20 of us were pregnant!

Fun Christmas party?

Maybe you are getting broody.

That or the babies born during the last boom in the 70s and early 80s are getting to the age where they themselves are having children.

This pattern of booms is because of a lost generation from the 30/40s?

• Advertisement

brummytom wrote: »
    Fun Christmas party?

I wish, I wasn't even at the Christmas party in 2007 or flippin 2008 as I was giving birth!!!!

I wish, I wasn't even at the Christmas party in 2007 or flippin 2008 as I was giving birth!!!!

Both years?!
    Ahh well, congrats I s'pose

brummytom wrote: »
    Both years?!
    Ahh well, congrats I s'pose

Feck no, I only have one baby, I just didn't attend out of choice in 2007!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

no.1 here in dec:)

i agree every other person is either preggers or i seem to notice more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There was an article on this recently.

Essentially Less time in work = more sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

At first i thought it was some sort of alien conspiracy. That they had impregnated women with some sort of "hybrid" babies in a plot to take over the world.

However one quick trip to the doctor and some brain medicine and i realised that it might be an effect of the recession.

Seriously though seeing that many pregnant women about is kind of freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ive defo noticed it. i came home for few days and noticed nearly every girl i used to know or recognise from the town, who are in and around same age as me (20) are all pregnant!! like WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Great, more damn noisy wee fcukers. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jaysus i started a thread on this 2 weeks ago and it was regulateed to the Galway City forum. Anyway yeah there everywhere, even today i was in town i saw about 6 women preggers in Dunnes food department alone:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Over the last couple of months ive noticed that there is a lot of pregnant women around. Ive been seeing about 3 or 4 times more pregnant women then the last few years. Looks like this time next year the country will be flooded with bawling brats.

I know people are probably deciding to have a baby given that we're in a recession and they've nothing better to do. But bringing in another mouth to feed when people have to be more careful with spending seems like madness.:confused:

Anyone else notice this?

I'm just surprised you remember how many pregnant women you've seen in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

least 5 of my friends/aquantances are pregnant.
    the oldest is 18 ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

least 5 of my friends/aquantances are pregnant.
    the oldest is 18 ffs!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Abigayle wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

i know.
    children shouldnt be allowed have children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Yeah definetely noticing this.looks like back to the good old days of the big irish family. hope the missus doesnt start sprouting:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Do you work in Tallaght?

Do you work in Tallaght?

Nope, City Centre... just goes to show you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think its great we Irish need to have more children or else the Immigrants will outbreed us:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Given the under-performance in the pensions market, it's gone back to people having 27 children, so that they can all feck off to god knows where and send money home to their shagged out retired parents, who otherwise wouldn't have a pot to piss in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

i know.
    children shouldnt be allowed have children

You wouldn't be advising the use of artificial contraception now would ya father?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Loads pregnant people around now? Hmmm... Sounds like lots of people had a bit too much fun on new years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Pregnancy tax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Yeah I've definately noticed this, in the shop where I work it seems to be just pregnant women walking around constantly. The other day I counted 10 pregnant women in the space of an hour. And no I don't work in Boots or Mothercare. Or a maternity ward.

Advertisement