Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Decent Music

Options
  • 24-07-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

So I usually, head along to Whelans and Bruxelles to get my music fix but im growing tired of hitting the same spots, anyone help me out on my search to discover some new haunts with some good tunes??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Everyone's idea of "decent" music is different, though you might like JJ's. They usually have a good mix.

http://www.jjsmyths.com/gigs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Athene

Yeah, thats true, I guess I like all types of music really except for real pop thrash. but thanks for the tip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Athene wrote: »
    Yeah, thats true, I guess I like all types of music really except for real pop thrash. but thanks for the tip.

So you like all music except pop music?

One man's rock is another's pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

BBC Radio 1 - usually does a weekend playlist - you'd prob know a good few of the songs but it's decent for finding new artists. Just google "Radio 1 playlist"

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

My new local has become the Twisted Pepper on Capel st. directly opposite Pennys. Its a great club with 3 floors and they play a great mix of music even when they dont have big acts like Deadless. There really is something for everyone with everything from 90s pop to electro-house to hardcore DnB and Dubstep. You should definitely give it a try if your into those sorts of music. Great crowd too btw never any hasslelike many of the inner city clubs

Button Factory too depending on the main act.

• Advertisement
Advertisement