Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Barsa,

Options
  • 24-07-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the game, Barsa played us off the field in the first half but we came into it a bit more after the break,just about deserved the draw I think.
    Our new signing Kyle Noughton done well I thought, and what a debut for Jake Livermore took his goal well,it was nice to see so many fresh faces on the field for spurs at the end,Barsa played some great football at times,they have some fine young players in there side..Roll on Celtic on Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Only caught some of the game, But I thought Spurs played well - some very good attacking football and didn't look completely out of touch.

I'm not a spurs fan per se, but would have them as a second team due to the legends they've had down the years.

I think Harry is building a squad of talented ball players, and just needs to add an extra steel to the squad. Noughton looked really useful and Livermore like you say took his goal really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We played better second half than the first, how much of that was to do with it being Barca's 4th string by then I don't know :D

Naughton looked solid when he came on, I thought Defoe had a good game on his own (even with Keane on, he was alone up front a good deal)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good run around, literaly. Got played off the park for most of it, although they didnt create too many chances. Good blow out if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Murdered again today, this time by Celtics 2nd and 3rd teams.

Sickens ny bollo* seeing chimbonda still wearing the spurs jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Not looking good for the season. No link between midfield and forwards. Keane appears to have lost even more pace. Assou-Ekotto and Dervitte at fault for the goals. Bostock looks the part though. Hope it's just preseason rustiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Didn't get to see the Celtic game but the reports are not good for us,early days yet tho I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Managed to make it over for the Barca game, had to pick up the tickets at FedEx office on the way to the airport on Friday morning!!!

Spurs were rubbish all over, except maybe Palacios but only because on the numerous occasions he lost the ball he at least tried to win it back. Barca's B-team played us off the park, and the C-team held up pretty well too.

Plus points were seeing Livermore/Rose/Bostock getting a run out.

Having said that it was a preseason friendly, and the only reason I went was
    to get a look at Wembley (it's pretty nice, good views even from some of the worse seats, but it's not exactly iconic anymore, and the queues for the tube
    afterwards are a bit of a joke). I wouldn't worry too much about losing
    friendlies, lets wait until Liverpool when it gets serious!

3757360443_6b38a54013.jpg

Advertisement