Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you'd love to see a sequel to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dungeon keeper 3

Grim Fandango 2

Oh oh oh. Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I think the Sonic Team are in a lose lose situation. If they innovate they are slammed for not keeping to the games roots, if they produce games identical in feel and gameplay to the originals gamers feel jaded.

They've pretty much covered every type of level possible (forest, desert, snow, lava, mountain, ruins, city, space), so any degree left or right of that is going to feel "samey" to the Sonic veteran.

We shout for 2D Sonic and when we get it we shake our heads and go "been there, done that"... they innovate and give us an extremely solid and polished 3D Sonic in Unleashed with some branches into some innovative areas whilst coming back to the original 2D experience in parts and then the gamers cry "this isn't the Sonic I remembered...rubbish"

It's sad, because the gamers that say they love him don't know what they want, and have gotten used to saying anything he appears in is nothing like the originals.

thats guff, sonic adventure 1 and 2 were very solid games and in fact, the forest level in sonic adventure 2 remains one of my favourite levels of all-time sonic games. what retro said about sonic advance and CD is completely true in my view. sonic is just run, run, run now, its pathetic.

whats wrong with sonic advance? speed speed speed, pit falls, tiny sprites, most of the bosses still have running in them and lack any originality, levels lacked character, music was rubbish.

they are still ok games but very middle of the road imo. try out sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles and then try playing a sonic advance game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

• Jet Set Radio
    • Frequency (with a similar, dance-focused, track list)
    • Gitaroo Man
    ... and, perhaps, a new Counter Strike (though I haven't played CS:S).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    they are still ok games but very middle of the road imo. try out sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles and then try playing a sonic advance game

I also made allowance for the fact the games where on the GBA. I also replay through the originals at least once a year for nostalgia. I also play the GBA games on the PC blown up to fullscreen and enjoy them equally. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess, it's just the majority of gamers and reviewers who've played these games, as well as I, disagree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I think the Sonic Team are in a lose lose situation. If they innovate they are slammed for not keeping to the games roots, if they produce games identical in feel and gameplay to the originals gamers feel jaded.

The thing is they aren't produicing games identical to the old sonic games. They are so obsessed with making sonic just about speed that they forget that the old sonic games are actually quite slow other than the few speedy parts. They never try to mix up the gameplay like in the old ones. When people say it's not the same as the old ones it's because they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They are so obsessed with making sonic just about speed that they forget that the old sonic games are actually quite slow other than the few speedy parts. They never try to mix up the gameplay like in the old ones. When people say it's not the same as the old ones it's because they aren't.

:confused: there are plenty of areas in the advance games where you are forced to go slow. As I said there is usually a fast route through every level, but for a beginner you are forced to go slow to avoid running into baddies or pitfalls, and to explore to see what alternate paths there are. They aren't anything like the first Sonic game, but then neither is Sonic & Knuckles, speed and flow of the levels can clearly be seen as the direction the Sonic Team have always been taking the Sonic series.

Plus Sonic is at it's best when you are going fast, I still love Green Hill Zone for it's speed and constant movement forward but never liked Marble Zone as much, it reminds me of Mario, where you have to stand still and wait for a timed jump, then stand in place to jump again. There is no way to get through that zone faster, you just have to stand and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Fnz wrote: »
    ... and, perhaps, a new Counter Strike (though I haven't played CS:S).

New counter strike on the way actually, friend of mine knows one of the guys working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Dungeon keeper 3
    Does anyone else remember that trailer for Dungeon Keeper 3... *sniff* At least I finally got Dungeon Keeper 2 working with Vista. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

XIII from ubisoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I want a console DQ at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well DQ X is supposedly heading to Wii, although for some people it's not really a console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Legacy of Kain is a series I'd like to see revived. Defiance was released in 2004 and it tied up most of the plot threads, but I've little doubt they could come up with something. Kain was a brilliant character and the voice acting for the series was pretty flawless. A remake of Blood Omen would also be nice!

KOTOR 3 is a game I'd love to play too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dungeon keeper 3

Same, we really really need a new DK game. Like now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dungeon keeper 3
    This would be me if we got a new DK game.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Mr. K wrote: »
    Legacy of Kain is a series I'd like to see revived. Defiance was released in 2004 and it tied up most of the plot threads, but I've little doubt they could come up with something. Kain was a brilliant character and the voice acting for the series was pretty flawless. A remake of Blood Omen would also be nice!

KOTOR 3 is a game I'd love to play too!

I'd have to agree with you on that! Loved the Legacy of kain series!

I know they made a sequel but would love to see a revamped alien vs predtor fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

TomCo wrote: »
    New counter strike on the way actually, friend of mine knows one of the guys working on it.

Friend of a friend, eh? ;)

I can't be excited about it until near release, it's been too long since I've played the game.

Fond memories of 1.6 on the college lan though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

they are making an alien versus predator revamp

The thing I didn't fully like about Dungeon Keeper 2 is that you could only have one Horned Reaper. I loved having a massive army of them in the first and unleashing hell on whoever stood before me

But keeping on topic - Day of the Tentacle 2 would be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Naikon wrote: »
    XIII from ubisoft.

Good choice, thought that this was a massively underrated game.

Would have to go with Skies of Arcadia 2 and a sequel to Mirror's Edge (one of the biggest suprises of last year).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Micromachines, a decent one.

Worms, a real new one not the XBLA ones. I wouldn't mind another 3D one if it was done right. The last one wasn't as bad as most people made out. It was more difficult than crap and people found it impossible to play but once you got the hang of it, it was actually a lot of fun. I played some multiplayer with mates in college.

A Sonic game that works.

Portal but its coming :D

James Pond, 3D platforming adventure but I don't see how it could possibly be done well.

Flimbo's Quest, probably for XBLA but they'd ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I know they made a sequel but would love to see a revamped alien vs predtor fps.

As said before, they are

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/aliens-vs-predator/?t=EnglishUK
    Aliens vs Predator is an entirely new title for PC and high-definition consoles from acclaimed British developer Rebellion, the team behind the 1999 original PC gaming classic

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A new 2D hi-res Turrican game on Xbox Live or PSN would be amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Four pages in and I can't believe no one has mentioned Beyond Good and Evil.
    Teaser was a tease
    Beyond Good & Evil 2
    Ubisoft has let slip the reason why we haven't seen any more of Beyond Good & Evil 2 - and it's not good news.

North American president Laurent Detoc implied the previous trailer and leaked footage were just prototypes and not evidence a game was fully under way.

"We've been working on some Beyond Good & Evil stuff, but whether there's going to be another game or not, that's something for the future," he said.
    http://www.teletext.co.uk/GameCentral/News/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

F1ngers wrote: »
    Four pages in and I can't believe no one has mentioned Beyond Good and Evil.

http://www.teletext.co.uk/GameCentral/News/default.aspx

I was going to, but thought "No point as the sequel is coming..." :(

I'd love to see Perfect Dark 2... as in a follow up to the original, and lets forget about Zero...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

World in conflict 2 (not SA), BF3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'd love to see another battlezone

the first was amazing and the second was very enjoyable.. the story was decent enough, I never played multiplayer but I've replayed both games a few times. Due another run through soon enough actually

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

KoToR 3. A single player sequel would rock. Also I want to find out what happened to Revan. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I know its a strange one, but Metroid Prime Hunters.
    Hated the singleplayer, but loved it simply for the multiplayer. Some of the maps were great and characters were good and would be excellent if there was a bit of balancing done. It would be great to see it ported to the wii or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GODS by the Bitmap Brothers...

Advertisement