Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you'd love to see a sequel to

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You played any of the 3 Sonic Advance games? I found all of them to be excellent. As good, if not better than the originals. Also, I know I keep pimping it but Sonic: Unleashed... if only people would finish it they'd see how amazing it is.

+1 I still remember saying to myself "wait... you mean I can chop off their arm, pick it up then beat them to death with their own arm... AWESOME!!!"

EDIT: If you liked Severance I'd HIGHLY recommend Demon's Souls on the PS3. It's in a very similar vein to it and possibly one of, if not, the best game of this generation to date.

On sequels I'd love to see a:

Psychonauts 2... it ended with what seemed like a blatant hint that they intended to continue the series. Then nobody bought it :(. I hope if Brutal Legend does well that they'll greenlight a Psychonauts sequel. Still, imo, one of the best games ever made.

Star Wars: Republic Commando 2... why didn't this game get a sequel? It had better team control than GRAW, excellent voice acting and well written dialogue, all within the Star Wars universe. It also ended on a huge cliffhanger. Then everyone bought Battle Front and Battle Front II, forgot about Republic Commando and any chance of a sequel got canned.
    they use the republic commandos in the expanded universe books lucas scaraped the sequal when they scraped kotor 3 in 04

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

sequels i want
    kotor 3
    star wars republic commando 2
    halo 4
    star wars battlefront 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Chu Chu Rocket or at least a HD remix for XBLA and PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

age of empires 4 (unlikely to happen since ensemble's gone)
    halo wars 2
    frontlines 2
    RBSV3
    KOTOR 3
    Jamespond Robocod 4 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

I'd love to see a reworked hd version of Creatures 2 on the C64.

If they released it for Xbox live arcade i'd be a very happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Team Buddies. Great craic as a drunken multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

gears of 3, halo 4, dead space, far cry 3 and resi evil 6 oh oh oh also new mario game and a top of the range nintendo console:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Timesplitters 4, but I might be pacified by Timesplitters 2 on XBOX Live, or PSN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

is it too late to say Eternal Darkness 2 or has retr0gaymer already posted ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A new Zone of the Enders game.
    Kojima, make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

micro machines with online play on xbla-make it happen codemasters, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

Baldur's Gate 3
    X-COM 4
    Jagged Alliance 3
    Star Wars Republic Commando 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Cold Winter for the Playstation 2. There are a bunch of games I'd love to see another version of, say like Dungeon Keeper or Cool Spot or Road Rash, but for a game that never got another follow up in the first place, it would be Cold Winter. Great game :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

popey21 wrote: »
    Baldur's Gate 3
    I think Dragon Age is as close as we'll get that that. Maybe if it does really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Mirrors Edge
    Body Harvest
    Mario 64
    Mario 65?

But I would definitely buy a Homeworld 3 ... new version (engine/tactics) of Company of Heroes would be most welcome.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

efla wrote: »
    Is there another syndicate game on the way?

Wouldn't mind another g-police. It was limted badly by technology of its time, but a sandbox future flight game now sounds appealing

Yup it's in the pipeline. Bet they tone it down and in the process lose what made the game so much fun.

In no particular order:

1. X-Wing/Tie Fighter sequels (there's rumours of some kind of remake or something, at least a re-issue of some sort)

2. System Shock 3

3. Thief 5 ;)

4. Dark Forces/Jedi Knight sequel

5. Homeworld 3

6. Elite 4 (one day hopefully)
    DB: Well, we started it in 2000--and we stopped it in 2000. The reason was, we started it as a MMORPG, and the technology at the time for connectivity was rubbish. It had been oversold by the providers. We realised very quickly that what we wanted to do would overload the system and that we would end up taking the blame for the failings of the telecommunications industry. It was put on hold after that. Now we've decided to do two projects: One will be a single-player game, and the other will be the massively multiplayer online role-playing game. We will do Elite 4 after Outsider, so it will benefit from everything we've done in Outsider. In Elite, you were a spaceship, to move on to be a person, so many other things have to happen. Apologies for it taking so long, and I really mean that, but it's a game dear to my heart, and I don't want to do it badly.

7. Battle Isle sequel

8. Freespace 3

9. I-War sequel

10. Carrier Command (in development thank god)

11. MOO 4 (forget moo3 ever happened)

12. Planescape Torment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ones i want are comming

ico 2
    lostplanet 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

Kiith wrote: »
    I think Dragon Age is as close as we'll get that that. Maybe if it does really well.

cool, did not know about this game , will look it up, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

Im sure Bethesda could easily do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

Silent Bomber. No-one's heard of it and the gameplay was rock hard, a great game nonetheless.

Advertisement