Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affliction folds promotion!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Was it an Observer/F4 article or is it availble online somewhere ?

I second the ditching of the mgmt. Has anyone interviewed or talked to Fedor directly to ask what he wants ?

I read it on MMAJunkie I think

Fedor might just be very good friends with the guys in M-1 and he'd rather help them to make a living than to prove himself as the best fighter in the world. It's very frustrating for the fans though. What other fighter has a 35-man team following him around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Tyson used to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm just after reading an article that had quotes from Fedor's manager. He tries to put it all on the UFC, saying that they're in the US now and willing to meet with them, that the door's open for them to sign Fedor

But then at the end he says that they want Fedor to fight the UFC's fighters, but "only within the framework of co-promotional events with M-1". That's the deal killer right there

They really seem to use Fedor as a pawn for their own business interests. I really wish that he'd ditch them

And UFC/every other organization would treat/use Fedor/every other fighter they have signed differently :confused:

Better the devil you know an all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

calex71 wrote: »
    And UFC/every other organization would treat/use Fedor/every other fighter they have signed differently :confused:

Better the devil you know an all that.

The UFC don't need Fedor though. They're doing pretty well without him. M-1 without Fedor is nothing. Affliction were paying Fedor $300,000 per fight and M-1 $2,000,000. Fedor can earn that whole total by himself in the UFC. Do you really believe that Fedor is getting the best deal for himself by sticking with M-1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fozzy wrote: »
    The UFC don't need Fedor though. They're doing pretty well without him. M-1 without Fedor is nothing. Affliction were paying Fedor $300,000 per fight and M-1 $2,000,000. Fedor can earn that whole total by himself in the UFC. Do you really believe that Fedor is getting the best deal for himself by sticking with M-1?

Hells no, but i do believe Fedor is not as silly as to keep a mgnt team on that would hold him back etc, given the time he's been in the biz so I feel he;s with them / lets them represent him because he wants them too i guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement