Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punched in the head and phone stolen while walking to U2 concert

• 24-07-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I just need to vent my anger. A family member on her way to the U2 concert was punched in the head and had her phone stolen by a youth at Summerhill.

She had her 2 kids with her at the time.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The kids aren't really relevant. Welcome to big cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Random wrote: »

Well having the kids witness it caused greater upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sorry to hear that, but scumbags have no consideration for kids, hope she's ok and the kids aren't traumatised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

must be one of them alpha world city things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Summerhill is a kip. Don't walk through it. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Bono ... what a pr!ck!!!

Senna wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, but scumbags have no consideration for kids, hope she's ok and the kids aren't traumatised.

She was really upset but went to the concert for the kid's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

davyjose wrote: »
    Bono ... what a pr!ck!!!

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

These are the risks involved when you're a U2 fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

"At U2 concert" and "in somerhill" are two different locations.

• Advertisement

misleading thread title is misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ahoy!

Random wrote: »

Summerhill a big city? Are ya well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Northsider bands like that tend to attract unsavoury clientele :p

misleading thread title is misleading.

I'll rephrase the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It wasn't a big 1930's novelty phone by any chance was it?

Karma perhaps for purchasing the U2 tickets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Are they ok now? Did they enjoy the gig at least?

Are they ok now? Did they enjoy the gig at least?

I hope so, i'll know later. Thanks for the concern. Others on here seem to think being mugged is funny.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Northsider bands like that tend to attract unsavoury clientele :p

Whooooaah there horse, what about Asla....hang on, you might be onto something here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hope so, i'll know later. Thanks for the concern. Others on here seem to think being mugged is funny.
    In After Hours, everything is funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Others on here seem to think being mugged is funny.

It can be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Sorry to hear that OP, it's a real shame to have spent so much on a concert like that and then have it ruined or at least seriously marred by some piece of sh1t waste of life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Even you're funny Mr. Marker. Of course I'm close to passing out from the amount I've drank thanks to tomorrow being my only day off.
    woo.

I hope there hasn't been too much of an effect on the kids but one of the great things about kids is they are so elastic. They can probaby deal with the memory much better than any adults present. Terrible thing to happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not unless it was a Top Hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I just need to vent my anger. A family member on her way to the U2 concert was punched in the head and had her phone stolen by a youth at Summerhill.

sorry to hear that. those scumbags should hang from the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Surely the karma for buying U2 tickets would be to have to stand in a field for 2 hours listening to U2 songs?

Surely the karma for buying U2 tickets would be to have to stand in a field for 2 hours having to to U2 songs?

No, I think being punched in the head is far mor appropriate. Now if only there was a way we could punch every one who attended in the head we would be in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

humberklog wrote: »
    Whooooaah there horse, what about Asla....hang on, you might be onto something here.

A pattern is emerging :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'm sorry to hear that...thats horrible.These guys should be castrated!I would love to see them try and mug someone and then get the absolute crap beaten out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

No, I think being punched in the head is far mor appropriate. Now if only there was a way we could punch every one who attended in the head we would be in heaven.

Well given the choice I think I'd prefer to get punched in the head. I'd consider it getting off lightly.

Surely the karma for buying U2 tickets would be to have to stand in a field for 2 hours having to to U2 songs?

that made me lol!

OP hope they're ok, what a pack of pr*cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Innocent Mother's getting boxed in the head and robbed in broad daylight.
    Hat bandits roaming our streets without fear.
    Where the hell has :mad:The Citizen:mad: gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Whoever did it should get ass cancer. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Somebody's relation gets mugged in front of her two kids and most of the posters in reply can only make fun ...Sad ,just sad...
    OP I hope they are ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Considering the 80000 who went to slane to see a washed up brit band from the 90's thats just plain old fashioned irish begrudgery on your part. U2 have nothing left to prove to anyone and you need to realise your an irrelevant twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Personally, I don't see WTF is so funny about someone being mugged. A guy gets a HAT stolen and gets more sympathy over it. Yes this is AH and perhaps it's not the most appropriate place for serious topics, but jesus lads, ye all have a head on your shoulders. Surely you can use a teeny weeny bit of common sense and stop being total ar$es over the situation. Nobody here would be laughing if it happened to anyone in your family.

And what's with all the "oh that's what you get for going to a U2 concert"??? U2 are an extremely popular and successful band - just because it's not within your taste range doesn't mean they're not good!!!

OP, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully those involved won't be too shook over it all. Not a very nice thing to happen. There's scum in all walks of life............ [just happens that there's more of em in Dublin! Surprise surprise!]

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

blogga wrote: »
    Considering the 80000 who went to slane to see a washed up brit band from the 90's thats just plain old fashioned irish begrudgery on your part. U2 have nothing left to prove to anyone and you need to realise your an irrelevant twat.

banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Shut up! You dont like the band so keep it to yourself.

It was a great gig,sorry to hear about what happened OP. Hope she is ok

Ps good call blogga!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Personally, I don't see WTF is so funny about someone being mugged. A guy gets a HAT stolen and gets more sympathy over it. Yes this is AH and perhaps it's not the most appropriate place for serious topics, but jesus lads, ye all have a head on your shoulders. Surely you can use a teeny weeny bit of common sense and stop being total ar$es over the situation. Nobody here would be laughing if it happened to anyone in your family.

And what's with all the "oh that's what you get for going to a U2 concert"??? U2 are an extremely popular and successful band - just because it's not within your taste range doesn't mean they're not good!!!

OP, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully those involved won't be too shook over it all. Not a very nice thing to happen. There's scum in all walks of life............ [just happens that there's more of em in Dublin! Surprise surprise!]

Probably a post count thing. Not to detract from either ones experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Could have been worse...She might have made it to the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

terrytrent wrote: »
    Could have been worse...She might have made it to the gig

Stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Did anybody else smile when they saw the thread title? It was the kinda of smile I get when I see someone fall over.:D:D

blogga wrote: »

U2 have a lot to prove to the world as it is. I don't hate U2, some of their music is very good but the the rest of it is piss poor. Look at the last album a disappointment if ever there was one, it barely made a dent in the US charts. It was also critically derided. Bono is a pretentious twat who has a God complex which unfortunatly seems to only be growing larger.
    Shut up! You dont like the band so keep it to yourself.

It was a great gig,sorry to hear about what happened OP. Hope she is ok

Ps good call blogga!

So I can't voice an opinion if I don't like the band? The comments were made in jest, if you couldn't see that then it's your loss. Your reply however has made me think that perhaps a large number of people who did go do deserve a slap at the very least.

No offence to the op and I hope your sister is ok but you don't walk around a part of Dublin notorious for trouble with your mobile stuck to the side of your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Fromvert wrote: »
    Did anybody else smile when they seen the thread title? It was the kinda of smile I get when I see someone fall over.:D:D

Well I saw the thread title and no I didn't laugh.
    What the hell is wrong with some people? :confused:

Silly mistake by me. I thank you for keeping me in check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

voice an opinion all you want darko,but the OP started a thread about something horrible that happened and you seemed to take it that little bit further and have a laugh and joke at someone elses expense. If you want "people like me" to get a slap then thats fine,just keep your feckin opinion about me to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Fromvert wrote: »
    Did anybody else smile when they seen the thread title? It was the kinda of smile I get when I see someone fall over.:D:D
    No.
    Where are you coming from?

He/She might explain.

I'm just a horrible person I guess.

voice an opinion all you want darko,but the OP started a thread about something horrible that happened and you seemed to take it that little bit further and have a laugh and joke at someone elses expense. If you want "people like me" to get a slap then thats fine,just keep your feckin opinion about me to yourself.

He posted it in After Hours, looking for sympathetic replies here is like looking for freedom of expression in China. It's not going to happen. When I posted originally I was joking but as I said the more replies of yours I read the more I think that perhaps I was onto something. It may knock you off that high horse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement