Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lily C&C

• 24-07-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Took this photo this evening. Worked on it in Lightroom and this is the result. Any feedback welcome.

7F77F73AEE48400FB9F745C07E87FCFF-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I think it is a super photo, nicely pp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

nice detail and focus here, i also like the light falling on the outer petals. i've found lilies a difficult subject so i haven't any good shots of them at all!

personally i think the composition could be improved a little here, i feel like a bit too much of the flower is cut off and the angle is a little too head on from the top (although it does allow for a nice dof into the depths of the flower), from my own artistic eye it's just not a pleasing vantage point and i would prefer something more subtle - although i am sure there are others who would quite like a bold shot like this.

i also feel that it may be a bit too sharp, wanting to capture the detail in the petals & pollen is grand but to my eye the details are just a tiny bit too strong for comfort and it seems a bit surreal. it's possible too that the tones are a little too dark, perhaps not helped by a very dark background, i find that the photos i like the most of flowers are ones that are full of light that captures their colour in a vibrant way. it might help to use more lighting if you're taking shots of it again? or to put it against a brighter background?

i hope i haven't gone overboard here, this is my first C&C on this board and i wanted to be honest in my opinoin as i look for the same when i'm questioning a shot of my own. overall i think it's pretty good, you've got nice colour going on in the green/gold/white combination and i really love how the lines all flow into the centre of the flower - lilies have so many distracting parts i find it's hard to achieve that kind of composition :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I hate lilies, but this is a nice shot :)

There are three things distracting me though - top right there's a white light peeping around the edge, top left hand side there's some green (probably the stem or something? And bottom right there's a "reddish" patch, which may be my eyes/monitor. Don't get rid of this version, but maybe try messing with a copy and see if you can get rid of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

It’s a nice shot, very soft and relaxing. The composition is very good also. If I was to be very critical, I'd say the small bit of light in the upper right had corner throws the photo slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I also have issues with the composition/crop, it's neither fish nor flesh, not wide enough or not close enough. Otherwise pretty good

• Advertisement
Advertisement