Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paid to play gamer site xbox/ps3

• 25-07-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

hi,
    i was looking around the internet and i came across this website
    www.only4gamers.com
    does this kind of website actualy work or is it a scam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

has anyone ever tried this kind of website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

here's your answer
    http://www.review-space.com/game-testing-jobs.php?t=gofgc
    its a scam by the way if you don't want to follow the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The website that you've linked to uses affiliate links and is practically a scam in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It looks like they want you to pay to get paid for testing games.

If someone asks for money but promises higher returns, it is a scam.

ye complete scam talking to another person online and they said that they tried it and when they weren't happy they sent them an email and never got a return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Well... obviously it's a scam. WTF? Why would you pay for a subscription to a recruitment agent? Real game testers are payed minimum wage as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Most games testers are paid above minimum wage I would imagine as it actually requires skills to do it properly.

Public beta testing is another issue entirely, the game is practically finished at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

Games testers are paid above minimum wage in Ireland, but they still aren't paid anything fantastic. In the UK, games testers, especially those starting out, will only be paid about minimum wage as there are so many to choose from. Most getting paid decent wages have more than paid their dues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Black Thorn

It would be nice to be a paid player but unless you've won conpetitions so that your name can be tagged to their ad campain to die hard gamers you're going to get little to play the games seeing as these days most are able to play to a higher degree :) before you say it, I know that there are a lot of ****e players but for what they are looking for there are plenty who will do it for next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

It should noted Game testing is not fun as these sites make out, you are looking for and logging problems and bugs not playing the game as in Beta testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

There was an epic story linked from digg ages ago about a games tester.

http://www.destructoid.com/developer-tales-the-true-story-of-an-abused-game-tester-30025.phtml

sm

There was an epic story linked from digg ages ago about a games tester.

http://www.destructoid.com/developer-tales-the-true-story-of-an-abused-game-tester-30025.phtml

sm

that isnt nice:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've heard it's headwrecking playing the same level over and over and over......

No thanks

my friend just told me a few days ago that he actualy tired this site before and he told me that everything in it was to do with america no other countrys and that when he asked for a refund they actualy gave it to him he was surpraised at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wait... hold the phone...

A site offering money for nothing is a scam?

WHO KNEW?! :pac:

Advertisement