Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Pole removal fees!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

RangeR wrote: »
    Should that not be problem solved. Eircom are blocking your entrance. By doing so it's a hazard. Unless it's only "close" to the entrance and you just want it gone.

Got a pic?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

padocon wrote: »
    After contacting Eircom they sent out an invoice of €340 for a "plant survey" on top of that they are going to charge a pole moveal fee. Can the moval fee be challenged?
    "+1" I don't understand about the fee not being published. What has that go to do?
    Because from the first post it sounded like you meant you just rang eircom about removing it, and out of the total blue they sent an invoice you were not expecting. Now this invoice could just have easily been for €100,000, and I doubt there is any way you would be legally obliged to pay it, esp. if they gave no indication to you of any charges or how much they would be.

If I want a job done or to buy a product I email and they will send a quote, then I can decide to go ahead, they cannot just send me the item and send on an invoice for whatever they want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They charge €300 for a survey ( plus VAT) and then pick a number between €3000 and €30000 for removal afterwards .

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They charge €300 for a survey ( plus VAT) and then pick a number between €3000 and €30000 for removal afterwards .

Im sorry for the unclear post but they have not carried out the survey. I emailed them they emailed back with a quote but they call it an invoice. I agreed and paid it. They have not come out yet but they are in for it when I they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eircomsucks

padocon, just thought I'd let you know I'm covering this thread on www.eircomsucks.com, feel free to e-mail me any info you might want added to the site about this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Im sorry for the unclear post but they have not carried out the survey. I emailed them they emailed back with a quote but they call it an invoice. I agreed and paid it. They have not come out yet but they are in for it when I they do!

Hang on, you've paid them for this survey and they haven't come out and done it yet? How long ago did you pay them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Nope

Extremely informative. "Nope" to what?

Extremely informative. "Nope" to what?

Sorry, got no photo.

MOH wrote: »
    Hang on, you've paid them for this survey and they haven't come out and done it yet? How long ago did you pay them?

They said they would come out within 10 days. Thats not yet as I only sent the letter late last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They won't tell you they are coming either so they might be missed!

• Advertisement

They won't tell you they are coming either so they might be missed!

They will have to give me a call or they won't know the pole.

Did you not give them the pole number? Might not be numbered out in the sticks I suppose.

Did you not give them the pole number? Might not be numbered out in the sticks I suppose.

No never even knew there was one. I must check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

They will have to give me a call or they won't know the pole.

Is it not the pole that's in front of your entrance.
    I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of some claims in this thread..

I don't live there, its at my farm
    A sstated in the OP the entrance is at the farm.
    Not my home address. Eircom only know the area, so I presume they will contact me to find out where the pole is.

Now who didn't read the thread... Tisk tisk!!! LOL ;)

Anyway I will let everyone know what happens, Thanks for all the help, so far!

You do know that the 'removal ' of a line only costs €121.93 and of course if there is a pole serving ONLY that line then that should be covered too. I can show you where that cost is derived from .

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/sn1_pt1.pdf

If eircom do not completely remove the line as requested then you may set comreg on them . This only applies if a pole only serves that ONE line ...NB

EVEN better

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

That is a special offer where the line removal is FREE if ordered before the 31st of august ....but only if it is a live residential line not a dead line or business line :D

It gets murky if it is a ceased line ....read the T&Cs .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyway I will let everyone know what happens, Thanks for all the help, so far!

Any update op? :)

After paying Eircom the fee they came back and did the Survay on site within 10 days. I am still awaiting the report and have had no correspondence from eircom in over 2 months!

I emailed them asking what the situation is and 10 business days later I have still gotten no response! I called Eircom head office and asked to speak to someone but I was told "they don't take calls for legal reasons" I asked how long they take to reply to an email I was informed "they are very busy and it may take up to 6 weeks"

I have no use for the survey report now it has gone to late! I had to leave the pole there and make do!

So Eircom has my money and I have nothing! Come on they have to be in the wrong! Are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I called Eircom head office and asked to speak to someone but I was told "they don't take calls for legal reasons"

Come on they have to be in the wrong! Are they?

I'm sorry, I'm too busy laughing at the fact that our main phone provider doesn't take phone calls.

Ahem, anyway, registered letter is the next way to go. Politely point out that you still haven't received what you paid for (a survey report), and that if you don't get the report within 5 working days you will have to take further action. Don't specify what action.

Go through their list here, and note in the letter all the things you have done, and all the places they have failed to comply with their own code of conduct (not getting back to you, not accepting phone calls, etc). Make it very clear that this is an escalation of an existing complaint that has not been handled satisfactorily so far.

At the same time send a copy of the letter (registered post too) to Comreg. Put a note in with that saying that as you feel you have nearly exhausted Eircom's complaints procedure, you are notifying them that you may be referring the matter to them shortly. Take a look here and here. Copy and paste some of their own verbiage at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What I want to know is, how did the OP manage last year,or is the pole really new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

nipplenuts wrote: »
    What I want to know is, how did the OP manage last year,or is the pole really new?

Off the top of my head I would imagine one of the following scenarios:

The contractor bought a newer, bigger, harvester OR
    That field was used for something else previously

nipplenuts wrote: »

There is another longer way around. That just had to be used.

Thoie wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I'm too busy laughing at the fact that our main phone provider doesn't take phone calls.

The plant alterations section doesn't (thats what they call the moving pole section) the reason: "for legal reasons" That is what I was told. It takes them long enough to reply to an email too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dachie

Has there been any update with this situation? I am just about to start the same process - a pole needs to be moved for a new entrance in a private lane.

Can anyone advise me also if eircom should have contacted me first if they were extending another line for a neighbours house from pole on my land. They brought the new line down the pole, under a lane (my property) and into neighbours house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

oops, its nearly christmas and all those tipsy drivers are crashing into eircom poles

This is complex. if eircom had a pole somewhere on a lane for years they may have a right of way over the full lane. Only a solicitor could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

well folks, help is here.
    i had the same problem with moving a pole, they wanted a thousand euro and the pole was rotten.
    i am a owner driver of a tipper truck and due to my bad judgement:D:D:D i accidently hit it a few times until i broke it. we rang eircom and said pole down blah blah. when they came i didnt take the truck home. they put up the new pole where the council wanted it and we all lived happily ever after

• Advertisement

Dachie wrote: »
    Has there been any update with this situation? I am just about to start the same process - a pole needs to be moved for a new entrance in a private lane.

Can anyone advise me also if eircom should have contacted me first if they were extending another line for a neighbours house from pole on my land. They brought the new line down the pole, under a lane (my property) and into neighbours house

The situation at the moment is eircon are failing to correspond with me. I paid them, someone came out and I get no quotation or anything. Do not give them a penny before setting up a contract between you and them and a valid time frame ect or they will walk all over you. Oh and by them way 'they don't take calls' everything has to be done in writing.

Advertisement