Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Pole removal fees!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bunnydublin

Ask them if they have planning permission. If they dont theyll have to remove it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They don't need planning permission.

If they will not issue a receipt and will not come out to survey and refuse to discuss anything then chainsaw the ****ing thing, simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Weird one this. If its a private lane then surely the land owner where the pole is has at least half a right of way over his own land? The person who owns the field on the other side of the lane own the other half of the (width & length) of the private road.
    So surely the pole is there as a matter of a previous owner wanting a phone connection, which involved a pole set up on his land, he agreed and Telecom Eireann set it up (and got paid to do so).
    Now the OP doesn't want a landline on his land but Eircom are refusing to move what is placed on his land only with the permission of a previous landowner ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Funny old statutes also apply re: "easements" .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

malcox wrote: »
    well folks, help is here.
    i had the same problem with moving a pole, they wanted a thousand euro and the pole was rotten.
    i am a owner driver of a tipper truck and due to my bad judgement:D:D:D i accidently hit it a few times until i broke it. we rang eircom and said pole down blah blah. when they came i didnt take the truck home. they put up the new pole where the council wanted it and we all lived happily ever after

Nice one admitting to criminal damage, lets hope they can link it back to you and prosecute you :)

Seriously, its one thing being pissed off about eircom pole removal fees but nobody should be dump enough to 1 suggest criminal damage or 2 actually admit to doing so

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They don't need planning permission.

If they will not issue a receipt and will not come out to survey and refuse to discuss anything then chainsaw the ****ing thing, simple.

I have paid, they have come out, they have done the survey and I have gotten no results of it. They will also not correspond with me about the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

padocon wrote: »
    I have paid, they have come out, they have done the survey and I have gotten no results of it. They will also not correspond with me about the matter.

Eircom are on twitter now @eircomconnect. Might be worth asking them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I just sent them an email if they don't reply I will give them a tweet.

Advertisement