Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 360

Options
  • 25-07-2009 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Alright just wondering did anyone see u2 last night and what were there impressions im going on monday and can't wait. Please don't post a view if your just going to criticise u2 for bein self righteous pompous etc etc im just looking for an honest opinion of the show thanks

Comments

it was pretty good - band didn't seem completely up for it though - just my opinion. could have been where I was sitting of course. the whole thing was a bit muted. stage and set very impressive as you would expect from a U2 tour. no real sense of occasion though for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 robbo88

where were ya sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I was sitting in the Cusack stand upper. I thought it was fantastic. They didn't play "Bullet in the Blue Sky" though which is my favourite live song. They didn't play an encore either. It was a bit unusual because they played two encores of three songs each in their last Croke Park concerts. Great gig last night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

I was sitting in the Cusack stand upper. I thought it was fantastic. They didn't play "Bullet in the Blue Sky" though which is my favourite live song. They didn't play an encore either. It was a bit unusual because they played two encores of three songs each in their last Croke Park concerts. Great gig last night anyway.

they did. When bono came out with the laser jacket.
    Plus i heard that if they play after 11 there is an 80,000 euro fine.
    the gig itself from where i was seated was amazing. Lighting and sound where perfect. Personally i thought the setlist was near perfect ( if only they played bullet and gone) .
    Anyone going to the next 2 gigs are in for a right treat

they did. When bono came out with the laser jacket.
    Plus i heard that if they play after 11 there is an 80,000 euro fine.
    the gig itself from where i was seated was amazing. Lighting and sound where perfect. Personally i thought the setlist was near perfect ( if only they played bullet and gone) .
    Anyone going to the next 2 gigs are in for a right treat

That was the encore? It wasn't much of one! He only walked off stage for about thirty seconds! There'll probably be a couple of changed with the setlist but it'll basically be the same stuff.

• Advertisement

The Auld Triangle was class by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That was the encore? It wasn't much of one! He only walked off stage for about thirty seconds!
    Isn't that better than them faffing around for five minutes backstage while everyone wonders if they're coming back so they up playing a song less with the 11pm deadline? Can't win, it seems.

Advertisement