Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch 2G Video wont work

• 25-07-2009 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    basically, got Watchmen on Blu-Ray today in which a digital copy was included. Transferred the copy over to my iTunes and then onto my iPod, and it won't work, just says movie could not be played.
    Im on (jailbroken) OS 3.0. Any help appreciated as I specifically picked the option on the disc to download the iTunes version over the WMV version.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

If the file is .mp4 it should work okay. Are you able to play the file through itunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

center15 wrote: »
    If the file is .mp4 it should work okay. Are you able to play the file through itunes?

I checked the properties after my first post and it's .m4v, which should work because all my music .m4a, I presume apples own version of an mp3.
    When I press play in iTunes it says the video is playing but where the picture should be its just grey and theres no sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

.m4v should work okay. Ironically the iPod touch isnt the easiest to get videos onto most have to be converted first. It should be playing through iTunes okay though. Sounds like an incorrect file tbh although it shouldnt be if you got it from the disc.

center15 wrote: »
    .m4v should work okay. Ironically the iPod touch isnt the easiest to get videos onto most have to be converted first. It should be playing through iTunes okay though. Sounds like an incorrect file tbh although it shouldnt be if you got it from the disc.

I've put vids on before, converting them myself and ones I got when I downloaded an album from iTunes. Meh, im not that bothered to be honest just wanted to see the quality of an official vid on it. Only thing peeing me off is that I had to un-check a ton of songs to make room for it as its 2.2GB and my iPods only an 8GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

If it's 2.2 gigs I very much doubt that it's intended for viewing on an iPod. It's probably a digital copy designed to be played on your computer. Have you tried playing it in Quicktime or VLC? You could also just convert it for the iPod with iSquint or something.

• Advertisement

If it's 2.2 gigs I very much doubt that it's intended for viewing on an iPod. It's probably a digital copy designed to be played on your computer. Have you tried playing it in Quicktime or VLC? You could also just convert it for the iPod with iSquint or something.

Yep tried both of those. Ah it doesnt matter really I'll just leave it.

Advertisement