Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site to play .50/1 NL ??

Options
  • 25-07-2009 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

just wondering where do you guys think is the best place to play at these limits, as in where are the most fish? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭FlushPoker.ie

any iPoker site....PaddyPower WilliamHill etc....

Also try and learn PLO when i was grinding up the roll the low limit PLO tables were and remain very profitable and full of fish making very basic mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Im on pokerstars at the moment 160000players online if you cant find fish there ya may give up.

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Im on pokerstars at the moment 160000players online if you cant find fish there ya may give up.
    LOL very true...can be some very good regs too tho...just look out for french ppl other than elky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

elky is canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

elky is a freak and a weird dude imo

http://tv.de.pokernews.com/Bertrand+'Elky'+Grosspellier/29174749001

plus i'm pretty sure he's french.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

elky is canadian

Oh no he's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

hes french

Getting Off Topic Now:

Main Points
    - Elky Good and Either French or Canadian...but sick sick player
    - PLO low to mid stakes good option for grinding and full of weak bad players
    - Pokeer is good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

elky is a freak and a weird dude imo

http://tv.de.pokernews.com/Bertrand+'Elky'+Grosspellier/29174749001

plus i'm pretty sure he's french.

That he is, but he comes across pretty normal in that particular vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Speaking from a neutral perspective, id say ipoker is amongst the worst places to play .50/1 right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don't play get out while you can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 prunch

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Don't play get out while you can!!!

:) seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

defo ipoker

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

defo ipoker

About 10 active tables, some 6 handed, some 10, biggest average pot is $18, average i about $12.

Is it really tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Ipoker is full of nits living off rb and bonuses, last time I checked anyway.

Stars is soft, even the regs usually play 20/15 ish and are pretty exploitable. No rb though.

Havn't played 100nl on FT but I would guess it's better than ipoker mainly due to traffic and rb is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Stars and FT has loads of fish still, plus ridiculous good software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

No more fish on ipoker. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm still there, and I'm a total fish.

Boss/Ongame have good traffic and alot softer than Ipoker, also good rb. Stars/FTP are the best software wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Your still playing there Keith aren't ya?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

This ipoker thing confuses me TBH...

There appears to be a general consensus that ipoker is mostly populated with multitabling rakeback nits.

Given that, relatively speaking, ipoker has one of the poorest "rakeback"/VIP structures available and relatively tough games, what is the attraction for these types of players??

Are they all on legacy deals from previous networks or am I missing someting in terms of the attraction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Fish = badbeats ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

david-k wrote: »
    Your still playing there Keith aren't ya?!

ya, mr kerins, but for other reasons or else i'd be gone fishing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Wreck wrote: »
    I'm still there, and I'm a total fish.

Same here

There appears to be a general consensus that ipoker is mostly populated with multitabling rakeback nits.

Given that, relatively speaking, ipoker has one of the poorest "rakeback"/VIP structures available and relatively tough games, what is the attraction for these types of players??

Are they all on legacy deals from previous networks or am I missing someting in terms of the attraction?

100% of your rake. I cant see how anyone cannot be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ipoker certainly doesn't have the worst rb deal. Pretty much the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

100% of your rake. I cant see how anyone cannot be on it.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Right, I'm currently on iPoker and came across this thread. I haven't played a few months but put in 9k+ hands in the last two days 9 tabling .25/.50. The games definitely aren't ridiculously soft or anything, but they're easily beatable and the good rb deal makes me feel all warm and fussy inside.

I do want to "move up levels" though, and if they're going to get much much tougher then I would consider the move.
    So, where to?

Stars is a no go for me. Firstly because of a lack of rb and secondly because that's where I play my tourneys and I don't want to mix the two.

FT, I have always heard that cash games where tough there. Is that no longer the case?

Ongame/Boss. Ian, you mention these, is there really enough traffic to satisfy 9 tabling at stakes .25/.50 to 1/2? Even during the day? If so, will you pm me rb info etc.

Any other options for a multi tabling nit wannabe?

Boss has 35-40 tables at .25/.50 right now. Ongame Im not sure but i suspect it has the same. Definitely more than enough to 9 table on one site, let alone both!

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Boss has 35-40 tables at .25/.50 right now. Ongame Im not sure but i suspect it has the same. Definitely more than enough to 9 table on one site, let alone both!

Cheers Ian. I'll download both in a while and take a look, see how they look/feel. Whats the story with the software? Many crashes / network problems etc? Surely they're better than iPoker :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote: »
    Cheers Ian. I'll download both in a while and take a look, see how they look/feel. Whats the story with the software? Many crashes / network problems etc? Surely they're better than iPoker :rolleyes:

Just read some bad things about multi-tabling on Boss. I'll have a look at ongame later.

Advertisement