Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double standards on AH

Options
  • 25-07-2009 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Apparently you can approve of violent assault on a woman on AH but if you criticise a poster for their condemnation of U2 you get banned. Bias and poor judgement mod.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You got banned for this:
    blogga wrote: »
    Considering the 80000 who went to slane to see a washed up brit band from the 90's thats just plain old fashioned irish begrudgery on your part. U2 have nothing left to prove to anyone and you need to realise your an irrelevant twat.
    One of the rules around here is attack the post and not the poster. You insulted another poster. If you feel somebody has crossed a line then use the reported posts feature. Hell argue with them on the thread. But insulting them will only earn you bans and infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Apparently you can approve of violent assault on a woman on AH but if you criticise a poster for their condemnation of U2 you get banned. Bias and poor judgement mod.

If you are going to complain about something, at least give a full account, and not pretend you didnt do anything.

you are banned, you will remain banned as long as the moderator decides to keep you banned for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

If you are going to complain about something, at least give a full account, and not pretend you didnt do anything.

you are banned, you will remain banned as long as the moderator decides to keep you banned for.

How can I give a full account without quoting accurately? I couldn't access the thread having been banned so I couldn't quote. That fair enough for you?

I didn't pretend anything. Thats your construction of what I wrote and you're responsible for that, not me. I wrote that I criticised someone which I did. Calling someone what I did would be on the milder scale of what she/he should be described for approving of a violent assault on a mother.

Of course I remain banned. It would be absurd for me to expect that to be changed. If I felt I was dealing with people who would take an objective view of things I would have had different expectations. A week without AH; without the wisdom of its poster who approves of violent assault on a mother because shes a U2 fan. Dear me. How will I manage?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Log out, and you can view the forum :)

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Log out, and you can view the forum :)

I am banned. Can't view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can if you log out

How can I give a full account without quoting accurately? I couldn't access the thread having been banned so I couldn't quote. That fair enough for you?

You dont need to log into the thread to tell me that you personally abused someone. It aint rocket science.

I didn't pretend anything. Thats your construction of what I wrote and you're responsible for that, not me. I wrote that I criticised someone which I did. Calling someone what I did would be on the milder scale of what she/he should be described for approving of a violent assault on a mother.

Actually, when you are putting together an argument for someone to help you, then its actually up to you to ensure that what you wrote is not misconstrued. But that is neither here nor there.

What you called sopmeone is neither here nor there on a scale. The mod deemed it worthy of a ban.

Of course I remain banned. It would be absurd for me to expect that to be changed. If I felt I was dealing with people who would take an objective view of things I would have had different expectations. A week without AH; without the wisdom of its poster who approves of violent assault on a mother because shes a U2 fan. Dear me. How will I manage?

Then I tell you what, since you are so blase about the whole thing, why dont I just ask the mod to make it a permanent ban, and that way, you dont have to put up with any of those stupid people again?

You dont need to log into the thread to tell me that you personally abused someone. It aint rocket science.

Actually, when you are putting together an argument for someone to help you, then its actually up to you to ensure that what you wrote is not misconstrued. But that is neither here nor there.

What you called sopmeone is neither here nor there on a scale. The mod deemed it worthy of a ban.

Then I tell you what, since you are so blase about the whole thing, why dont I just ask the mod to make it a permanent ban, and that way, you dont have to put up with any of those stupid people again?

You requested a full account. Now you have changed that.

You just engaged in personal abuse by calling them "stupid". When you ask the mod to ban me permanently be consistent and ask to get banned permanently too.

Which brings me back to my initial point: AH operates double standards. I objected to the abuse of U2 fans and the approval of an assault on a mother who was accompanied by her children. I expect all posters who approve of that assault to be banned permanently. Fair is fair.

Let me think.....

No.

End.

Of.

Story...

Advertisement