Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallis Bird

Options
  • 25-07-2009 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

She's bleedin deadly!

The new album is great, as was the last one

Was at her gig in Whelan's tonight, it was unreal! :)

To My Bones is such a good song too

Ok 13 y/o fangirl rant over :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I went to college with Wallis,she is fantastic. She can really get a crowd going and her little bits of banter are great. She could be a comedian if the music doesnt take off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

was class @ oxegen but fecking missed whelans last night .head wrecked . she is a real talent and a serious funny girl on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

was class @ oxegen but fecking missed whelans last night .head wrecked . she is a real talent and a serious funny girl on stage
    sweet merciful jaysis she was unreal in Whelan's! Prob the best gig Ive gone to! Crowd were deadly too :D

+1 about the banter discobreaker, a motivational speaker too :P

Some guy kept starting "here-here" claps at her in-store in Tower Recs :P

deadly buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I was just listening to Wallis being interviewed on Newstalk tonight. She sang "To my bones" - bloody hell.... she really goes for it doesn't she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skipper1

Saw her at the Roisin Dubh a while back in Galway.... She is savage!

Love seeing her go mental on stage :eek: Best perfromance I've seen in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Skipper1 wrote: »
    Love seeing her go mental on stage :eek: Best perfromance I've seen in a good while.

Defo, the atmosphere does be unreal! She always has broken strings n bloody fingers :P

Agh, still can't get over the album, its deadly!

Go out and buy it, think its close to charting, yay!

New Unofficial Video for To My Bones

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

man, i'm the biggest fan of wallis in the world. proper fanatic!

missed the Dublin show cause i'd a gig in Galway myself, so I actually drove all the way to cork for the following nights show. So glad I did, best I've seen her play. Seeing her again this Sunday at indie-pendance in Mitchelstown.

(Fact #12221.4a - My little sister is one of the bears in that video)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Someone fill me in on who Wallis Bird is. Never heard of her before and she just showed up here on German Local TV which I could hardly hear. But just watching her guitar play on screen was Hansard stuff the way she hacked the guitar. So I was pretty impressed by her. I looked her up thinking she is German and turns out she is from back home in Ireland. So is this someone known well back home and I am just totally out of the loop? Or someone who left Ireland and is playing around the place? Or who the hell is this?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Is that her real name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Is that her real name?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Yep

Any relation to Charley?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

No, Big.

Advertisement