Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow

Options
  • 25-07-2009 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi to all
    I got note from fas yesterday i'm going to be in mallow from september to november for phase four of my trade.
    Any advise on the town is appreciated
    - accomodation
    - training centre
    - good eating
    - good pubs
    - where to go / not to go

any advise or tips on the town
    just so i might have some heads up
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

Drink
    Pub wise depends on age really and your likes and dislikes. "The olde fiddle" at the bottom of the town is good for a pint of stout and sing song. "Marikibo" is the kinda happening spot with younger people early twenties. live music etc "Chasers" is a late bar at the bottom of the town good instead of the nite club "Light"
    Food
    fast food
    Mallows a haven for fast food "the kentucky" in the centre of town seems to be the most popular.
    theres also
    McDonalds "who deliver"
    the european "chipper"
    downtown "chipper delivers"
    antonios "chipper"
    apache pizza
    supermacs "not in the town but delivers"
    papa johns pizza "not in the town but delivers"
    pizza hut market square
    proper food
    theres a few chinese restaurants
    Jumbos on shortcastle street
    The welcome just off the main street
    Theres a new buffet chinese place called china town thats not bad value (near clock house)
    Dragons court in ballydaheen (delivery)
    There is another two that i have never ate in.
    D'Mughals indian restaurant is delicious they deliver too but the service is extremely slow (west end)
    Brandos italian restaurant near market square is top quality (i'm told)
    the white deer on bridge street does thai food and does take away its lovely
    theres a few restaurants too essink in hibernian way (alley by mcdonalds) thats nice
    the bay leaf is nice.
    Pub Grub
    the gallery (spa square) is probably best
    the hibernian hotel's not bad

Things to do look out for local posters etc on shop windows.
    The lodge (pub just outside town) has loads of stuff going on at weekends Bands, singers, ect ect
    Give a stroll into Mallow castle have a look at the herd of white deer there's only two herds in europe you may as well.
    Nice day head out to doneraile park about ten miles in a car and go for a walk
    Go Swimming in the pool. Bring a mountain bike theres a fantastic mountain bike trail. Our if your like me veg out on the sofa ringing fast food places above.

Fas is on the main street on right hand side

Thats a little help for you if you need to know more just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

nice one flight. thanks
    gives me a bit of knowledge about where i'm going which is always handy
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

The place you will be attending is Davis College which is right next to the roundabout! cream walls between the Dairygold factory and the roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

el capitano thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sile Hammond

I have a box room going for rent if you still haven't found accomodation. Its 4 miles out of the town so you'd need a car. In a village with 1 shop, 2 pubs and a chipper.. let me know sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

I have a box room going for rent if you still haven't found accomodation. Its 4 miles out of the town so you'd need a car. In a village with 1 shop, 2 pubs and a chipper.. let me know sure!

Reckon that would be Dromahane then ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sile Hammond

Hehehe... well spotted!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Flight19 wrote: »
    Drink
    Pub wise depends on age really and your likes and dislikes. "The olde fiddle" at the bottom of the town is good for a pint of stout and sing song. "Marikibo" is the kinda happening spot with younger people early twenties. live music etc "Chasers" is a late bar at the bottom of the town good instead of the nite club "Light"
    Food
    fast food
    Mallows a haven for fast food "the kentucky" in the centre of town seems to be the most popular.
    theres also
    McDonalds "who deliver" NOT ANY MORE
    the european "chipper" GONE
    downtown "chipper delivers" GONE
    antonios "chipper" GONE
    apache pizza
    supermacs "not in the town but delivers"
    papa johns pizza "not in the town but delivers"
    pizza hut market square GONE
    proper food
    theres a few chinese restaurants
    Jumbos on shortcastle street
    The welcome just off the main street
    Theres a new buffet chinese place called china town thats not bad value (near clock house) GONE
    Dragons court in ballydaheen (delivery)
    There is another two that i have never ate in.
    D'Mughals indian restaurant is delicious they deliver too but the service is extremely slow (west end)
    Brandos italian restaurant near market square is top quality (i'm told)
    the white deer on bridge street does thai food and does take away its lovely GONE
    theres a few restaurants too essink in hibernian way (alley by mcdonalds) thats nice GONE
    the bay leaf is nice. GONE
    Pub Grub
    the gallery (spa square) is probably best
    the hibernian hotel's not bad

Things to do look out for local posters etc on shop windows.
    The lodge (pub just outside town) GONE has loads of stuff going on at weekends Bands, singers, ect ect
    Give a stroll into Mallow castle have a look at the herd of white deer there's only two herds in europe you may as well.
    Nice day head out to doneraile park about ten miles in a car and go for a walk
    Go Swimming in the pool. Bring a mountain bike theres a fantastic mountain bike trail. Our if your like me veg out on the sofa ringing fast food places above.

Fas is on the main street on right hand side

Thats a little help for you if you need to know more just ask

UPDATED to 1019 :D

Advertisement