Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dana: UFC to hold press conference July 31 to announce "a lot of crazy things"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

lil-evil wrote: »
    Fedor said in an interview with Sherdog that he has still a 3 fight contract left with M1 but you never know what could happen after that.

As far as Tito is concerned im glad he is back he is a legend in the making and personally i can't wait for the "huntington beach bad boy" to start rattling a few cages.

And i think chuck is too over the hill for a Tito but i hope im shown to be wrong
    Chucks over the hill for tito??? You realise Chuck is 2-0 up right??
    Tito has to prove himself against chuck not the other way IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Much as i get a kick out of Tito , look at his pro fight record, how many are not ufc? he's like a lover you have a row with and runs off but always comes back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Chucks over the hill for tito??? You realise Chuck is 2-0 up right??
    Tito has to prove himself against chuck not the other way IMO

Yeah i understand that but Chuck has lost 3 of last 5 fights by getting punched out. That is not the Chuck i want to see get handed a whopping by Tito.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Ah its pretty unlikely you'll see Chuck back in the Octagon! Dana wont let him fight again as he's past it and if you look at his recent Tv spots he's defo not as sharp when hes speaking he was a couple of years back(maybe less). I couldn't believe it,he had a slight slur in his voice which just shows the impact his Ko losses to Shogun ,Rashad & Jardine have had on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Burkatron wrote: »
    Ah its pretty unlikely you'll see Chuck back in the Octagon! Dana wont let him fight again as he's past it and if you look at his recent Tv spots he's defo not as sharp when hes speaking he was a couple of years back(maybe less). I couldn't believe it,he had a slight slur in his voice which just shows the impact his Ko losses to Shogun ,Rashad & Rampage have had on him!

Fixed.Jardine was a decision but he did get dropped :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wonder does Dana realise that ESPN is not the giant here as it is in the states? i think it's a bad move signing with them over Five or Virgin 1, but then again it is all about the almight dollar to Dana. Pr1ck !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does UPC carry this new ESPN? I know there's a US version of it but, there everywhere seems to be reporting about it just with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Apparently Fedor is now due to fight Jake "The Snake" Roberts at Sengoku 10. There may yet be a problem with the deal though as M-1 have insisted that Sengoku supply Roberts' crack.

Fedor by DDT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

soretoe wrote: »
    I dont understand why they wont just make an exception and do the co-promotion thing - they obviously wont back down - its a principal thing now - he's the best MMA fighter ever - Brock will not be the best untill he beats Fedor - all the fans want it to happen - how can they not just give the fans what they want this one time - **** **** ****

You have to see it from their perspective - if they have the Brock -vs- Fedor fight and Fedor kicks Brocks ass (which he would) then the brand of UFC World Heavy Weight Champion is seriously devalued.

Fedor is the best in the world - a one time showing in the UFC will make the UFC's heavy weights looks seriously bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Apparently Fedor is now due to fight Jake "The Snake" Roberts at Sengoku 10. There may yet be a problem with the deal though as M-1 have insisted that Sengoku supply Roberts' crack.

Fedor by DDT

I laughed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I don't know what all the hype is about Fedor the UFC have done everything they can do to sign this guy and he's still not interested. Anyway I reckon Brock would destroy him in the Octagon if he's that good why won't he sign I reckon he knows he might get his Ass handed to him. Anyway I'm looking forward to either Brock/Carwin , Brock /Valasquez, Brock/Randy rematch or Brock/Nog so Fedor can crawl back to M1 and fight guys who really don't matter in MMA and his legacy will be the man who never stepped up.

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I don't know what all the hype is about Fedor the UFC have done everything they can do to sign this guy and he's still not interested. Anyway I reckon Brock would destroy him in the Octagon if he's that good why won't he sign I reckon he knows he might get his Ass handed to him. Anyway I'm looking forward to either Brock/Carwin , Brock /Valasquez, Brock/Randy rematch or Brock/Nog so Fedor can crawl back to M1 and fight guys who really don't matter in MMA and his legacy will be the man who never stepped up.
    Well then you know very little

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Wow. I'm guessin You're new to MMA and probably only know it as UFC. Fedor's the pound for pound greatest of all time. Have some respect.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

He has a point, what on earth else does Fedot want to fight in the Octagon.

He's let every MMA fan on the planet down by not accepting this (amazing) new deal Dana offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Fedor wants to fight in UFC, it's M1-Global with their 'co-promotion' crap that are throwing a spanner in the works. I wish he would just ditch them but he has a contract with them at the end of the day. I'm sure they would bring it to before the courts if he bailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Kazooie wrote: »
    Wow. I'm guessin You're new to MMA and probably only know it as UFC. Fedor's the pound for pound greatest of all time. Have some respect.

I really dislike comments like that. Its like you can't have an opinion on anything unless you've been watching MMA since PRIDE was still around. If he is new to the sport then he wouldn't know about FEDOR and why would he take our word for it.
    I DON'T think FEDOR is the pound for pound greatest of all time and that has nothing to do with respect. I think Randy and Brock can beat him and unless he ever beats them two then he won't be at the top of any of my pound for pound lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Everyone seems to forget that Fedor isn't tied to M-1 for life. He has 3 more fights to do on his contract so he could very well come to UFC at that stage. Which will prob be in about 18months if they get their as in gear and get him fighting

Yeah but Fedor ain't gettin younger, Randy is getting older at double the speed and Brock's fame is at a high so we would all love to see it happen this year and not a possible 2011.

I reckon we'll never see him in the UFC. Its gonna be one of these questions "Who's better, Christiano Ronaldo or George Best?" I'm afraid we'll never know.

lil-evil wrote: »
    Everyone seems to forget that Fedor isn't tied to M-1 for life. He has 3 more fights to do on his contract so he could very well come to UFC at that stage. Which will prob be in about 18months if they get their as in gear and get him fighting

Not so sure about that from what i understand Fedor is a major share holder in M1. So whether he fights for them or not , M-1 doing well is in his interest it would seem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

He's been offered the chance to go to the big leagues and fight, he's been offered a record amount of money and pretty much every clause he wanted. He has turned this down and is now effectively the MMA equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters. He'll be trotted out around the world in a procession to destroy a series of opponents who have no business being in the ring with him. I have no doubt he is the best heavyweight in the world, I'd like to see him prove it though.

His legacy is disintegrating by the day.

• Advertisement

Well then you know very little
    Great answer really adds to the thread, I know how good Fedor is as a fighter but the amount of effort its taking to get this guy in the UFC is way over the top. The UFC has signed many great fighters over the years with only a fraction of the effort, this was the point I was making if the guy isn't interested then they should move on and start using the money to develop new talent

Kazooie wrote: »
    No I'm not new to mma I've watched alot of Pride, K1, M1 ,WEC, Cage Rage and I attend most of the Irish shows aswell. I not an expert by any stretch but the whole Fedor/UFC issue has become a total circus. Do you think Randy Couture, Chuck , Dan Henderson or Quinton Jackson would carry on like this. Its one thing to negoiate a contract its another to demand the sun,moon and stars. It hasn't been a problem for Ben Rothwell, Tito or Vitor to go back yet everytime fedor is mentioned its worse than the lisbon treaty, in terms of the greatest of all time I think he has to fight in the UFC to really cement this just look at Crocop and remember how excited people got when he signed and that he was going to destroy everything in the Octagon and it didn't happen and most of the pride fighters who moved over took time to settle in and most if not all of them have a loss in the UFC. In terms of respect it works both ways I think the UFC have shown with their offers the respect they have for him but the fans can only wait for so long and look what happened to boxing when the money got silly and the fans were priced out of the sport just my thoughts

(above) Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

This is all about pride and a bit of nationalism - I genuinely believe that with Fedor it's not about money - I'd say he is stupidly loaded already and he probably lives a modest life, with his potato soup and all that.....he just doesn't want to concede and become one of 'Dana's Kids'.... Fairnuf they conceded on the Sambo issue (which saves some face for Fedor).... but he's never going to just lay down and become a UFC employee... that would be viewed by his home fans as 'strong proud Russia' losing to the 'wanker Americans'... and do you know what?....they'd be right in some ways...... Fedor will never submit to the UFC.... Dana will continue to bait him by talking crap about him in interviews...... and the best we can hope for is some not so great match ups with Fedor..which he'll win easily
    For the record - Brock by beat down....
    - even last emperor CAN'T STOP THE BROCK !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Was Fedor signing with Affliction seen as him losing to the wanker Americans? I think that you're reading too much into that side of things. Fedor isn't a household name in Russia or anything. Sure, he has his fans, but MMA isn't much bigger there than here. He'll "submit" as soon as he can't make money anywhere else

Fozzy wrote: »
    Was Fedor signing with Affliction seen as him losing to the wanker Americans? I think that you're reading too much into that side of things. Fedor isn't a household name in Russia or anything. Sure, he has his fans, but MMA isn't much bigger there than here. He'll "submit" as soon as he can't make money anywhere else
    In all fairness, being one of the few to carry the olympic torch for russia makes him a pretty big name name there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

In all fairness, being one of the few to carry the olympic torch for russia makes him a pretty big name name there

He was one of 80 who carried it in St Petersburg, representing Sambo. None of his MMA fights have ever aired on a big tv channel or during the day. Most of his fights have never aired at all

EDIT: From the mouth of a Russian themselves: http://kimonofighter.blogspot.com/2009/06/fedor-and-mma-in-russia.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I think Fedor may be scared to tarnish the mythical name that has been built up about him, Brock would probably take him down and keep him there while smashing his face, the only grappler who i feel could beat him, apart from that he'll only lose to a good striker like Arlovski who just cant take a clean hit, the UFC gave in to most his demands and the M1 demand is ridiculis and should be laughed at.

Fedor will never be regarded by mainstream fans as the Lb 4 Lb best if he does not fight the top names around now, most of which happen to be in the UFC.

I dont like monopolys but from a fans point of view i'd like to see Fedor fight the top names and prove his reputation.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Take away HW's Fedor has already fought that are now in UFC, take away Randy as that fight should have happened years ago when he was at his prime, after Brock there are only 2 maybe 3 fights for Fedor there i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

calex71 wrote: »
    Take away HW's Fedor has already fought that are now in UFC, take away Randy as that fight should have happened years ago when he was at his prime, after Brock there are only 2 maybe 3 fights for Fedor there i think.

Thats pretty much 2-3 more than there is outside of the UFC, he'll be fighting Butterbean soon instead of Brock..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement