Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My God Versus Your God

• 25-07-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Well seeing as the Irish Government Morons supported by our top handbag collector in Aras An Uachtarain have seen fit to make blasphemy a criminal offence punishable by the State - I feel its time for us to all just agree to try and get on with it and accept each others Gods.

Now I accept that your God might be more widely supported than my God or have lots more arms and stuff; but I really think that our God here in Ireland is better at the serious shít like threatening incarceration without possibility of release in Hell and cruelly smiting down disbelievers and stamping on their smoted little corpses.

The God that we have here in Ireland has a really cool book out for the last while where he does stuff that would make David Blaine pull a panicked no-show. He can walk on water or else just turn it into Cabernet Sauvignon *BAM* - He also documents a shít load off stuff about golden cows, throwing people in wells, burning bushes, speaking in tongues - all mad stuff that would seriously make you think twice before getting off your head on LSD.

Although, in my opinion, our God isn't as relaxed about Global terrorism as some of the other hardcore Gods out there. As far as I know, the Irish God isn't really cool with the whole 50 virgins for blowing up innocent people in a cafe deal etc. But then again he has been unflagging in his continued support for the Catholic Churches paedophilia drive over the past number of decades.....

So anyway lets all be open and honest with each other and try to get along, at the end of the day its a personal choice to back the God we have gambled on as the one true God that's going to offers us eternal salvation - and then let the losers burn in hell throughout all the ages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

My God vs Your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

My god will win as he is that Indian Elephant with the 20 arms.

Beat that old beardy man in the sky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Clearly my god wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

My god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

my god....

meows_it_going_cartoon_cat_greeting_card-p137200508750852347q6am_400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

... Today my God is a tsunami of kamakaze kittens and puppies... Which follows the dawn and brings love into peoples hearts.
    Each puppy or kitten is slightly smaller than a plank length so you can't see them. Each one is omnipotent, omnicognisant and all that jazz...
    They are One God but each one is unique in someway and at any one time there is a huge but non-infinite number of them... They reproduce quickly which is a good thing as in order to do the love bringing they explode inside you, sacrificing themselves forever... Not like that silly Jesus and his "I sacrificed myself for you, only kidding just took a short dirt nap, I'm ok now".

Sometimes a puppy and kitten reproduce and create a non-puppy non-kitten cute baby animal... This rare occurence is what gives rise to many of the incorrect religions in the world... Other people don't interpret the signs correctly and just fill in the blanks... I'm correct and I know I am because I'd know if I was wrong, Puppies and Kittens don't ever deceive (but sometimes can be hard to understand)... I'm claiming divine revilation on this so you can't disagree with me...
    (You can add to this... As long as you keep it as an extention rather a rewrite)

kiffer wrote: »
    ... Today my God is a tsunami of kamakaze kittens and puppies... Which follows the dawn and brings love into peoples hearts.
    Each puppy or kitten is slightly smaller than a plank length so you can't see them. Each one is omnipotent, omnicognisant and all that jazz...
    They are One God but each one is unique in someway and at any one time there is a huge but non-infinite number of them... They reproduce quickly which is a good thing as in order to do the love bringing they explode inside you, sacrificing themselves forever... Not like that silly Jesus and his "I sacrificed myself for you, only kidding just took a short dirt nap, I'm ok now".

Sometimes a puppy and kitten reproduce and create a non-puppy non-kitten cute baby animal... This rare occurence is what gives rise to many of the incorrect religions in the world... Other people don't interpret the signs correctly and just fill in the blanks... I'm correct and I know I am because I'd know if I was wrong, Puppies and Kittens don't ever deceive (but sometimes can be hard to understand)... I'm claiming divine revilation on this so you can't disagree with me...
    (You can add to this... As long as you keep it as an extention rather a rewrite)

i know for a fact that if my local priest said that as his sermon, 95% people would just sit there and think "that's odd" but accept it.

My God!

Oh. Er.

<zips up pants>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Chuck Norris vs Your God.

Chuck Norris wins.

Round 2 Rear naked choke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

I AM GOD FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which 'irish' god are you refering to exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Thaedydal wrote: »

JohnnyLogan_165972t.jpg

surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Thaedydal wrote: »

Well, Me ............... obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

My God kicks all other gods asses hands down!

He can fly and is made from spaghetti and meatballs

All hail the flying spaghetti monster!!!!!!

I've been Touched by His Noodly Appendage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

So God exists now.... according to who? Fianna Fail? Do you believe everything they say?

Advertisement