Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player Online in Austrailia?

Options
  • 25-07-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I only found out about the Sky Player yesterday and watched a match, The quality is top class. Does anyone know if I could give my log in to my brother in Australia and if it would work for him over there?

Also, do you know if it has anything to stop multiple log ins at the same time?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You can have up to 4 registered computers (through your accounts & settings)

Don't know if that means you can watch it on 4 devices at once though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Thanks. I was going to get someone to test my log in for multiple connections but then that's 1 device taken up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

May be Geo IP limited?
    (moved from Satellite as this is a Broadband service)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Thanks. I was going to get someone to test my log in for multiple connections but then that's 1 device taken up. :)

You can test it and remove the registered computer after if you need to free it up.

Do you have a multi-room account? They had/have a trial for the ashes this month but I never got it working.

watty wrote: »
    May be Geo IP limited?
    (moved from Satellite as this is a Broadband service)
    I'd say that's very likely but I'll get it tested out anyway.
    zAbbo wrote: »
    You can test it and remove the registered computer after if you need to free it up.
    Oh right. I've had a look at that now. Apparantly I have 2 PC's registered. 1 was last used yesterday and 1 today. I'm guessing they treat Internet Explorer and Firefox as 2 different PC's.

Anyway I'll get him to test it out. It's Saturday night atm there so I won't expect a reply for a while. That would be a gift for the Celtic fans over there. It's actually probably better quality than watching Setanta on satellite. :)

skyplayery.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Do you have to have Sky Muti-room to get SkyPlayer. I have the full package of Sky but it will not let me lodin and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Is this a Windows only service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fergusyarrow

Hey Johnboy1951. It used to be windows only, but it is now web based, so should work on multiple platforms. I use it on Mac.

Fergus

manutd wrote: »
    Do you have to have Sky Muti-room to get SkyPlayer. I have the full package of Sky but it will not let me lodin and watch.
    If you're subscribed to the Sports and Movies you can get those channels without a multi room sub.

I hear Sky player will be on the Xbox 360 by the autumn but I don't know if that's just UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Facelessman

Yes you need multi-room which is €15/mth compared to £9.75 for UK customers. Typical Sky! It also costs €100 for existing customers to install. My parents have a sky sub including sky sports so I am planning as using Sky Player as a cheap way to get sky sports. I am hoping that they will bring out an offer for free install or cheaper rates though before the new season.

The quality is good and not choppy but not amazing. If you buy a stand alone Sky Plalyer sub and it is almost the same price as the tv sub which is amazing given you only get 16 channels.

• Advertisement

Just got e-mail back saying it doesn't work in Oz, just the UK and Ireland. There's obviously ways around that but couldn't be arsed trying to explain to him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Just got e-mail back saying it doesn't work in Oz, just the UK and Ireland. There's obviously ways around that but couldn't be arsed trying to explain to him.

You can't get round the fact that the servers for this are in the UK though. The trip to Australia will make watching live feeds fairly painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hey Johnboy1951. It used to be windows only, but it is now web based, so should work on multiple platforms. I use it on Mac.

Fergus

Thank you ..... time to look at it again methinks .... last time I looked it was Win only, after receiving some info from Sky.

regards.

Advertisement