Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom at 40gb?

Options
  • 25-07-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Sorry if this has already been posted (more than likely at some point) but I'd like to see if I can get an answer here before going through the hell that is known as Eircom Support.

Just upgraded to 7mb bradband with Eircom and for some reason I only seem to have a 40gb limit when I should have 50gb.

Now for a short while I did have 7mb before but had to change back to 3mb for a bit. But before that happened, I remember getting a bill saying my limit was 50gb. Or at least that its meant to be.

Anyone know what this is all about?
    Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It'll prob sort itself out next month, don't worry, they as of yet have never enforced it. I've stopped looking and average ~100GB pm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

pedant
    I hope its GB and not Gb.

40Gb is only 5GB.

m is 1/1000th, so I hope it's 7Mbps and not 7mbps :(

/pedant

Welcome to Boards. Have look around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Static Jak

watty wrote: »
    pedant
    I hope its GB and not Gb.

40Gb is only 5GB.

m is 1/1000th, so I hope it's 7Mbps and not 7mbps :(

/pedant

Welcome to Boards. Have look around!
    I think your smart enough to understand what I mean. ;)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It'll prob sort itself out next month, don't worry, they as of yet have never enforced it. I've stopped looking and average ~100GB pm
    Well the thing is, it was still saying 30GB yesterday but it upgraded to 40GB today. Seems weird to do that.

Well that was surprisingly painless. Called up Support and for once got a straight answer in a few seconds of calling. :eek:
    Simply told me that it was definitely a problem with their site and that it's definitely 50GB. And he also told me not to worry about going over the limit as long as I'm going up by a few 100GB :D

As long as I know what I'm paying for I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

yea if your on 7MB package the limit is 50GB, i still have the same problem as you. when i go to the dsl stats page, it tells me ive a 40GB limit, altho most months i go 55-80GB and havnt got one extra bill for doing so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Same here, mine has always said 40GB. I don't think i have ever had a month under 100GB ;)

Advertisement