Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do 25plus.ie insure English reg's?

• 25-07-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

So my insurance with Quinn Direct is up for renewal next month. They're quoting me €611 (me, full licence, 6 years NCD and my wife, provision licence less than 1 year). It's not a bad price, considering the best quote I've had elsewhere is at least €800.

Then I found 25plus.ie.... €419.70 and that's after selecting €0 excess and protected no claims! I couldn't believe my eyes! One snag though - my car's on UK plates and I'm pretty sure that only Quinn and more recently FBD will insure English reg's.

Does anyone know if 25plus.ie are also happy to insure English reg's? I'd ask them myself.. but they're closed at the minute. :(

Thanks in advance of any replies. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I know I'm stating the obvious but shouldn't you have registered your car within the first 24 hrs of you arriving into the country? - It's one way around your problem.

If you're not a permanent resident then nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you're not a permanent resident then nevermind.

I'm not. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

benifa wrote: »
    I'm not. :)

then can you not get cheaper insurance from your home country?
    dont irish insurance companies ask if you have a permanent address here or something?

If we could just stay on topic lads..

If we could just stay on topic lads..

well if thats the case, how do we know if 25plus.ie insure english reg cars. why dont you ask them as all posts here are opinions only. the only real answer is the answer you will get from 25plus.ie, hows that for on topic :pac:

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    well if thats the case, how do we know if 25plus.ie insure english reg cars. why dont you ask them as all posts here are opinions only. the only real answer is the answer you will get from 25plus.ie, hows that for on topic :pac:
    I'd ask them myself.. but they're closed at the minute. :(

monday it is then, you could get a 100 people replying here saying that they do insure them but you will still have to ring them to confirm. but tbh you would have to ring and talk to somebody in person. i just dont understand that if your a non resident with a non irish drivers licence and a non irish car, why you would want to insure it through an irish company.

we have much higher premiums than aloy of other EU countries and judging by the english reg plates then you would be far better off insuring it through england imo.

but hey its only my opinion, do what works out best for your own personal circumstances.

Sorry for delay in posting back. I called 25plus.ie, they're happy to insure an English reg, so long as the vehicle is kept at an Irish address.

Sorry for delay in posting back. I called 25plus.ie, they're happy to insure an English reg, so long as the vehicle is kept at an Irish address.

Scratch that, this crowd are a complete waste of time. I called a few times and asked, just to be sure..

Advisor 1: Yes, no problem.
    Advisor 2: Yes, no problem.
    Advisor 3: No, car must be registered in Ireland otherwise the policy "might be" void. (?!)
    Advisor 4: I'm not sure.

I'll stick with Quinn then, at least they're conclusive. Last thing I'd want is to be involved in an accident and have the insurance company playing silly buggers.

Oh, btw, advisor 3 also insisted that Quinn do not insure UK reg vehicles in ROI, she's quite sure of that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is what I just got from them "Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria."

always makes me wonder why I don't meet the criteria or a broker yet I can get insured no prob when I go direct to an insurance company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement